It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2004, 08:42 PM   #1

SoScaredHelp HB User
Question Please Oh Please Help Me!!

Hello everyone. I am Amanda.I am 18 years old.

I have been under tremendous stress for months.
I have had this feeling since February of this year, that I am about to die. That something is telling me that Im about to die. I worry about everything...death, the afterlife, whats going to happen in the future...I feel like im gifted and that people have premonitions and feelings and they come true, I feel im one of those people. I think I have everthing wrong with me.
I am on Paxil CR..and I talk to a therapist sometimes but nothing helps. What could I do to quit thinking about these things. I am an emotional mess.
I just want it to go away. I know there is nothing I can do about anything. I just cannot quit worrying...I wish I could make myself quit. Please Help Me...I dont think I am ever going to get any better. Does anyone ever feel that they are about to die or something is telling them they are about to. Please Help Me. Thank You and GOD BLESS!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 11:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Please Oh Please Help Me!!

Hi,

Are you feeling guilty about something? Are you speaking about religious teachings and possibly your interpretations of them....and related to possibly a personal experience?

Sorry for the questions..just a hunch.

quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2004, 11:50 PM   #3

Kitchener HB User

Sounds like a touch of OCD with paranoia. I would schedule another appointment with your doctor/therapist. If things get really bad that you can't cope, it may be in your best interest to admit yourself for psychiatric evaluation. Maybe a closer look is needed to help you in the long run.

Peace.

Last edited by Kitchener; 07-25-2004 at 11:51 PM.

Old 07-26-2004, 02:23 PM   #4

Sara67 HB User

Hi

When you say you feel that you are going to die, do you mean you are frightened that you will die soon or do you feel that you know you will die soon? Sometimes fear can make it all seem like a reality. I would fear having a heart attack so much that I was actually getting chest pains.

When the pains would come I would think "This is it. It is happening" as though I always knew it would!

Is this what you mean?

Old 07-27-2004, 12:28 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to amanda,
how long have you been on the paxil and what dose?

it can take 6 weeks for the paxil to work and it should calm you a lot, occasionally though, it doesnt work at all

I dont think you have paranoia, just anxiety and stress

books on how to stop worrying have useful advice, try a library or amazon, etc
watching TV sometimes stops worry for a while

Old 07-27-2004, 09:35 AM   #6

SoScaredHelp HB User

I have been on Paxil for about a month and a half..it is 25mg....I think I need more.

I feel like I am going to die soon and yes that makes me very afraid. I cant get rid of this.

I never used to be afraid of death or anything...now I am..I dont know what to do.Thank You and GOD BLESS!!!

Old 08-04-2004, 11:00 AM   #7

Tashi HB User

Amanda-
I am also an 18 year old female and I know exactly how you feel. I have felt that I have been under extreme stress, anxiety, and panic for many, many months. When I tried describing my feelings to my doctors they have always put me on antidepressants which always made me feel worse, sometimes even suicidal. I finally found a doctor who listened and said that I had an extreme anxiety and panic disorder. I have just been prescribed Xanax which really helps with bad anxiety. So far, this medication has not made me feel "high" like other people have posted. I am somewhat concerned about this medication though because it makes me feel exhausted tremendously. I would suggest that you talk to your doctor about benzodiazepines for short term use since there has been many cases of addiction. Right now I am trying to find a different benzodiazepine that doesn't make me feel so exhausted until my anxiety is under control. I have refused Paxil just because of the lawsuits against it and the danges with taking it. When your anxiety gets bad and you start to worry you should try writing down your feelings in a journal or even try meditating with a relaxing bath.
I am also interested in knowing if anyone is on any other medications (prefferably benzodiazepines) and there experiences with those types of medications? Thanks!

Old 08-08-2004, 07:53 AM   #8

JODIE57 HB User

Hi Amanda,
It's me again. Have you spoken with your Dr. about switching you from Paxil to something else? I took Lexapro and slept for 4 days. Call Drs office and took me off right then. I went on Paxil and did somewhat better but still thought I should do better. I ask to be switched again. I now take Zolof and feel like my old self. I take it for anxiety. Be sure to talk to your Dr. If you aren't doing better then the medication isn't doing its job. Good Luck

Closed Thread