It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2004, 12:35 PM   #1
(female)

mindovermatter HB User
Question Questions on Lexapro??

My doctor recently told me that I need to up my Lexapro from 10mg to 20. I have battled anxiety and panic disorder for over 2 years now. Lately going through alot in my life my anxiety has been really bad. I am scared of medications. I do not like to take them period but when I don't my head and chest hurts really bad. I would just like some input on anyone that has taken Lexapro. How long have you taken it? Did you start out at 10mg? If so do you feel better now if you have upped to 20mg? I took 20mg for about a week and I woke up so sleepy the next morning. Is it my twisted panicky mind or does it make ya groggy? I have been taking the 10mg for probly a year now. Any input is very appreciated!!

Old 07-27-2004, 12:50 PM   #2

Jchandra88 HB User
Re: Questions on Lexapro??

I don't have much input on the matter..but when I only had one dose of Lexapro, it gave me a panic attack worse than anything I've experienced and gave me stiff neck and shoulder muscles for days. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.. but everyone's different.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 06:45 PM   #3

Silverlining HB User

I've been on 10mgs for about 2 1/2 mos. The first couple of days I started taking it I was sooooo tired! It also felt kind of like the flu for the first day or so. I don't like to take meds either, but lex has taken the edge off of my anxiety. I have an appt w/my dr next week for a follow up. Good luck to you!

Last edited by Silverlining; 07-27-2004 at 06:46 PM.

Old 07-28-2004, 07:05 AM   #4
(female)

mindovermatter HB User

Thanks for your replies. I have had some muscle tension and things that I never even thought about being caused by Lexapro. Lately I have been wondering if I stopped taking it, would I feel better?? I am so tired of being tired ya know. I just want to me again. Happy and smiling alot. Now days it seems I am so tired and irratable all the time. I don't know, just thinking outloud. I just struggle to get back to me again. Outgoing and cheerful. Not afraid to take a drive to another town or state. Not afraid of every little thing. Maybe one of these days huh .............

Old 07-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #5

shellbookwoman HB User

I was first stabilized on Paxil, but it quit working and the doctor switched me to Lexapro. This was nearly two years ago. I started on 10 mg and quickly went up to 20. I have gone as high as 40mg before, and the only negative side effect I experienced was a loss of libido. I'm back at 20mg a day now, and this takes care of the depression completely. Occasionally I take a small dose of Xanax when I feel anxiety coming on, and it usually staves it off.

Mindovermatter, it sounds to me like the current dosage isn't working for you anymore. Tired and fearful sounds like depression and anxiety, not medicine side effects.

Good luck, and I hope you find the right solution.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to mindover,

you should get used to the new dose soon, sounds likee it wasnt really working before, this sometimes does happen, hope it works now

Old 07-30-2004, 12:41 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Mindover,
My mother has the same exact head and chest pains. They told her to go on Lexapro because of this and every since day one it helped her. She doesn't want to be on it anymore either. So she quit it about 2 months ago. And it started back up as a daily thing for her. I had never heard of this until I read it from you. It is the exact same thing that she has been having! I dont know what the solution is!

Closed Thread