It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 09:53 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
I got a ticket and now my anxiety is sky high!

For the first time ever, I was pulled over and cited for speeding on Monday. I totally freaked out. The cop was a huge jerk, which made it worse. I have been driving for 10 years and never had any problems with the law, so I am very worried. I was cited for going 16mph over the speed limit, which means I have to go to court and the judge and DA decide the fine/punishment. My court date is 1 month away, so I have plenty of time to sit and have anxiety over it. I tend to be a serious, conservative person, so this is a HUGE deal for me.

Like I said, this was my first time being pulled over, so it really scared me. I had NO idea I was speeding and I was extremely shocked when I saw blue lights behind me. I had just left my house about 2 minutes before and was less than 1 mile away from my house. So, I was taken very off guard. I didn't even see the cop anywhere until he was behind me. I have no idea where he came from. I think all of this and having to go to court has just completely freaked me out!

Now I am paranoid about driving. I have GAD and panic attacks and my anxiety is sky high now. Tuesday and yesterday I made myself drive. Today I need to run some errands but I do not want to get in my car! I am so worried about getting pulled over again for something or getting in an accident and being in even more trouble for having a ticket.

Has anyone else had any experience like this or have any advise? Thanks for any support.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 10:50 AM   #2

MicheleAmw HB User
Re: I got a ticket and now my anxiety is sky high!

In Georgia your allowed to plead "no lo" once every five years for a speeding ticket. After 21 years of driving, I got my first speeding ticket ever last year. I went to Court and pled "No Lo" which means it won't go on my insurance. I got lucky, the Judge was very nice -- he even cut my fine in half.

Good luck
M

Good Luck~

Old 07-28-2004, 02:11 PM   #3

Smith224 HB User
Re: I got a ticket and now my anxiety is sky high!

That really sucks but it happens to everyone. I have gotten several tickets myself for speeding. But that is another story.

I would suggest the next time you need to drive bring a friend along for a ride. That could give you comfert, especially if they are supportive of your situation.

After a car incident everyone is a little nervous. After my first ticket, I was very paranoid that I would be pulled over but that feeling went away the more I drove.

Closed Thread