It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
(male)

juvenile171717 HB User
anxiety and stress.... do i have a more severe condition?? schizo maybe?? help plz..

hi guys... I havent posted in awhile and maybe never in here.. I used to post on Panic Disorders bc thats what I thought I had. But over the past few days I've been feeling very very overwhelmed... I think now that I may be becomin suicidal .. although Im not sure.. I cant really see myself committing suicide.. its that I feel that I may lose control of myself and do it... like its not of my doin er something... its sounds weird... also I think I may have schizo..... its just my last long list of worries that Ive had in the last while.... but this kinda makes sense... I dont hear things or anything.. but I do feel paraniod alot... that people are out to get me... not so much in that sense... but more just talkin about me behind my back.... i wonder if that makes sense... Im on remeron for panic attacks and Im wondering if the medication is causing these thoughs... so maybe I should stop takin it... in any event things are gettin worse after they were so good for awhile... i need some help... my doc is callin me later but who knows how much he can help.... anyways.. post if u have any help for me.. I could really need it..

Thank you guys and girls

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 01:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
Re: anxiety and stress.... do i have a more severe condition?? schizo maybe?? help plz..

These thoughts about loosing control and doing something you don't want to do (ie: harm youself) sounds like anxiety IMO. I would definately tell your doctor though. Many people with OCD have thoughts of harming themselves or other people (these are unwanted thoughts and cause a great deal of anxiety and panic attacks).
Also, I use to be paranoid I had schizo. I didn't have any reason to be afraid, I just felt like my brain was crazy or something. I couldn't even watch TV if someone with a mental illness like schizo, multiple personality disorder, etc. was on and I would panic when people would use the word "crazy" in the every day usage of it. I thought I was going crazy! I was diagnosed with GAD and panic disorder.
If you are afraid that people (like your friends) are talking about you behind your back, then that sounds like maybe social anxiety disorder. If you are worried that the FBI, CIA, etc. are talking about you, then it might be something different. I am not familiar with your medication. Is it an anti-depressant?
Just be sure to tell you doctor everything you told us here and see what s/he has to say.
Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 01:25 PM   #3
(male)

juvenile171717 HB User
Re: anxiety and stress.... do i have a more severe condition?? schizo maybe?? help plz..

thanx for the reply.... yes its an anti-depressant... supposedly works for Panics as well so I gave it a try to get rid of the depersonalization i was haiving... (i was always spaced out... out of touch) that has gone away... but these other things r happening now.... i dunno which was worse... but i HATE this all... oh well.. still waitin for my docs phone call.. im sure he will say stop takin it though..

Old 07-28-2004, 05:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to juvenile
if you rexcently started the remeron it could be causing some of your thoughts, perhaps reduce the dose for a while

if on the remeron for more than 8 weeks then it seems it isnt working so maybe up the dose and try it a few more weeks, otherwise try some other med instead

remeron is one of many antidepressants and these meds can make you feel worse at first before they work properly and make you feel better later, but occasionally they never work, rehardless of the dose

Closed Thread