It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2004, 03:26 PM   #1
(female)

timexgirl HB User
It is happening again!

We are in the process of selling our house and moving to Las Vegas. We have accepted an offer on the house. Tomorrow is the home inspection, so we should know for sure if we can move on with our plans to move. Of course, making the move across the country is very stressful, and that leads me into why I am posting....

....I am having panic attacks again. Sometimes I get into a car and I panic. I want to bolt from the car. Sometimes I feel like I can't breath in the car. I get a funny feeling in my head. I don't know how else to describe the feeling. If I am driving and I am stopped at a light, I panic, and want to bolt. I don't want to wait for the light, I just want to move. If someone else is driving, I might panic immediately. Eventually, I calm down. It sometimes happens in restaurants. And if all goes well with the inspection, I will fly to Las Vegas to look for a place to life. I am afraid of panicking on the plane.

Does anyone else ever feel this way? What do you do for it? I feel like such a nut for doing this. I am sure it is just the stress in my life. Moving is something I want to do. This has happened to me before, and I was so glad when it was all over...........

Thank you for any advice.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: It is happening again!

any valium type meds will help a lot
theres much info about recovering from panic attacks and agoraphobia in books and tapes, some therapists know how to help but some dont

how doid you recover from the panic attacks last time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2004, 05:00 PM   #3
(female)

susanna_29 HB User

Just out of curiosity where do you live now? I'll tell you right now I live in Las Vegas (2yrs) and I'm ready to bolt! It's nuts out here and the people are always on the go. YOu have to be watchful when you drive. It's nuts. In one weekend alone 81 deaths! Insane. I'm from the midwest and I can't wait to get back there. I wish you luck in surviving las vegas. I don't have anxiety but when I do have bad encounter on the road I have to pull over and I sit there and cry. I seriously hate it out here. I just hope if you do move out here just try to take your time and don't expect to meet too many nice people out here. If you already know people then thats good but otherwise I 'd reconsider the move. I'm not trying to scare you but it's the plain truth. I've had family members who moved out here and california and they hated it and ended up back out in the midwest. Well good luck with everything.

Old 07-28-2004, 05:07 PM   #4
(female)

susanna_29 HB User

I forgot to add though if you're retiring it won't be so bad. My mother and father in law are out here and she's fine with it since she doesn't really have to go out and drive. So in that it's not bad. Unless you're going to be working out here then it's a different story. And they're in a retirement community so thats a plus for them. No loud teenagers. Jsut really check it out everything..............henderson,summer lin,green valley are great areas. Check out crime rates and all. North west is really high in crime. So just a little tip. Even though they're buuilding alot out that way its not worth it. East las vegas isn't so bad. It's an older area but the crime rate isn't so high.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User

I live in Vegas as well, my hubby and I moved here last Sept. We really like the Green Valley/Silverado Ranch areas. It is crazy, and def stay away from the north sides!!!!
I take Zoloft for my General Anxiety Disorders, but I would def suggest talking to your doc about what kind of med would be best for you. I know you are not supposed to drive when taking Valium, so def check out all your options. Welcome to Vegas and Good luck!

Old 07-29-2004, 03:23 PM   #6
(female)

timexgirl HB User

Thank you everyone for your replies. The inspection on the house was this evening. It is looking pretty positive for a sale.....that should take off some of the stress.

These attacks I have pretty much come without warning, but of course I worry that one will happen. Then it does! Last time I went through this, things in my life calmed down so it wasn't so stressful, and then the attacks went away. I wasn't on any medication, but I sure wouldn't mind getting on some. If this continues, I will go see my doctor. It has been going on for about 2 weeks now.

As far as Las Vegas, yup we know it is pretty crazy out there, and it will be different from what we are use to. We live in southwest Michigan. We are both getting older, and now seems like the time to make the change while we are still young. We will probably live in an over 55 community ( I am 46, but my significant other will be 56). The place we are looking at is in the east. I am looking forward to this new adventure, and I appreciate the good wishes.

Closed Thread