It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #1
(female)

laura3377 HB User
Red face Stressed! Waiting on results from HIV Test

I hope I don't die of a heart attack before I get these darn results. I had my first anxiety attack back in Nov '03 out of nowhere and have been experiencing weird symptoms since. Had checkups with the Doc and everything looks ok (Lymphocytes seemed low but still in normal range) BUT I had unprotected intercouse with a person of unknown status approximately 11 years ago and have had some symptoms of HIV since although I have never been real sick. I know it may sound crazy to think I could be positive after this long but I have read stories of people who never new they had it until they were on their death bed 13 or 14 years later and I don't want to be one of those people. Anyhow, I know I am rambling but this HIV thing has been in the back of my head for 11 years and I've always ignored it or been too scared to test but I finally realized that if I wanted to move on with life I need to take this test. I sent the test in on Wednesday and hopefully will know something either late tomorrow or Monday. Thanks for letting me vent. Think I need to go home and take a Xanax.....

Old 07-29-2004, 04:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Stressed! Waiting on results from HIV Test

Hi
I think everyone would also be anxious, the test result will allow you to deal with it 1 way or the other

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2004, 12:09 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User
Re: Stressed! Waiting on results from HIV Test

Oh my goodness. I know how you feel! It had only been a year though! Not 11! But there is a better chance of you knowing from 11 years ago instead of 1. I had been with someone for a year and didn't know that he had been with 9 other women until after (needless to say he LIED) and I had unprotected sex with him and about 8 months down the road I saw him and he looked so unhealthy. My friends had seen him as well and they said he almost looked as if he was dieing from Aids or something. He had lost a lot of weight and he was Skinny before, and he just looked unhealthy. So when I saw him i just about died! I was like OMG I need to see if there is something that shows up on a test! Well it came back neg. but like you said it could be years for it to be found in your system! Good Luck!!!

Closed Thread