It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 09:56 PM   #1
(female)

loulou1 HB User
Wink Your Suggestions: Lexipro or Prozac

Today I saw my Dr. I like that I feel great and not anxious, but I told him how tired I was on the Lexipro. He suggested that I switch over to Prozac, that it had a more energetic side effect. As you all, I shared in the stress of just having to take the Lexipro for the first time and now I am stressing over the switch. Any suggestions??? I am currently taking 10 mg of Lexipro (3 months now). I would like to hear what side effects to expect by taking Prozac??? Thank you so much.

Old 07-30-2004, 03:20 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Your Suggestions: Lexipro or Prozac

you can probably swap straight over with few if any problkems, both are the same type of med, SSRI type antidepressants

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2004, 07:26 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

I take Prozac. I can't really answer you if it makes you feel more energetic or not since I've recently suffered from trauma. I do know that it helps with anxiety and panic. I'm only taking 10mg. and my Psych wants me to increase it to 20mg. These things make me nervous, cause I always think I'm going to get some horrible side effect from it, it's happened to me in the past, and I am so drug sensitive. Well, I will increase it bit by bit and take it from there. Are you taking Lexapro at night or mornings? I take my Prozac in the mornings, doesn't make me tired. But if I take it at night, like around 6, I will be dead tired by 9:00 and sleep like in zombie state. LOL

Andrea

Old 07-30-2004, 12:04 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

I took Lexapro for about 2 months... and for some reason it didn't help me. I was still stressed all the time! and always upset and worried about something! I don't know what to do. I am still in the same situation now. I freak if someone tells me I did something wrong. Or I go crazy when I stress out. I DON"TKNOW WHAT TO DO!

Old 07-30-2004, 01:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by candice12
I took Lexapro for about 2 months... and for some reason it didn't help me. I was still stressed all the time! and always upset and worried about something! I don't know what to do. I am still in the same situation now. I freak if someone tells me I did something wrong. Or I go crazy when I stress out. I DON"TKNOW WHAT TO DO!

So what are you taking now?

Old 07-30-2004, 01:14 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Nothing! Lexapro hasn't worked for me. And I haven't been back to the doctor. I am trying to get back now but Kidney & Urologist appointments keep me from going to my physician!

Old 07-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

[QUOTE=candice12]Nothing! Lexapro hasn't worked for me. And I haven't been back to the doctor. I am trying to get back now but Kidney & Urologist appointments keep me from going to my physician![/QUOTE

What's going on with your kidneys or bladder?

Old 07-30-2004, 09:52 PM   #8

Bill G. HB User

The positive effects of Lexapro didn't kick in for me until the 3rd month. Only like 17% of the users get any results in the first few weeks.

Old 08-02-2004, 07:44 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainfante

What's going on with your kidneys or bladder?
I may have a Kidney disease called IgA Nephropathy. I have had blood and protien in my urine for 4 years now and they are finally trying to find out what it is. I go to them 2 times a month each right now.

Old 08-02-2004, 07:45 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill G.
The positive effects of Lexapro didn't kick in for me until the 3rd month. Only like 17% of the users get any results in the first few weeks.
I just hated taking something that didnt' make me feel better. I took it for over 2 months.

Old 08-02-2004, 10:46 AM   #11

Jessgirl01 HB User

I took Prozac for nearly 6 years. Unfortunately, I had a very rare side effect and gained a considerable amount of weight. I'm currently taking Lexapro and liking it a lot.

Old 08-02-2004, 02:08 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessgirl01
I took Prozac for nearly 6 years. Unfortunately, I had a very rare side effect and gained a considerable amount of weight. I'm currently taking Lexapro and liking it a lot.

Funny you brought up the weight. Since I've been on Prozac and this is only 10 mg. that I'm taking, I've gained at least almost 10 lbs. I've only been on it a little over two months.

Andrea

Closed Thread