It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2004, 06:39 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
It may not always be from anxiety or depression

undefinedsadly there are some doctors who think that all new complaints from their anxious or depressed patients must be from their anxiety and/or depression
they never look for any other illnesses

I suffererd from severe fatigue and exhaustion for years before eventually getting my self diagnosed with sleep apnea elsewhere, I now use a CPAP machine at night and have lots more energy

likewise I had to eventually get myself diagnoses with diabetes, my complaints never caused my doc to get my blood sugar tested.

also I had to diagnose a cronic urinary burning as something different from a bladder infection or anxiety

After all these, I stopped seeing this doc without teling him why, I was so contemptious of him, he recently asked why I wasnt seeong him and I still didnt tell him....

we need to remember that longtime anxiety and/or depression does not make us immune to any physical illnesses

Old 08-01-2004, 08:58 PM   #2
(male)

Sickman HB User
Thumbs up Re: It may not always be from anxiety or depression

Hello, hry33,
This is very true. It is very easy to use anxiety and depression as an answer to every problem when proper testing is not done or simply the Doctor has no idea. It is like using the term virus. Everything that goes around with symptoms of the flu or cold, is a virus, but you never get a name for it from the Doctor. This is a good point. If your Doctor is not willing to do the proper tests before diagnosing depression, anxiety and panic attack, then you should see another that will. Good point, have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Sickman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread