It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2004, 11:17 AM   #1

thexmen HB User
alone

Am im alone, im sure im not, but maybee someone could give me something to make feel a little better.
Im scared to go to the doctor because im afraid he will find something wrong. Im afraid to do any test because im afraid he will say you have cancer or your dying because of a fatal sickness.
I build alot of anxiety over this. I guess i gave a phobia of dying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: alone

Hi,

No cures....unfortunately.

You know...sometimes we just have to make that phone call to make the appointment and start to set the wheels in motion to make sure we are just OK. Imagine your relief if you're NOT dying of cancer..etc?

Now, putting your head in the sand won't warrant any progress, and time will pass, your body will continue day by day and if you have cancer it will develop and you could die from it...etc.

Your fears are understandable. But your reasoning about those fears are not. Fearing the worst won't change anything, and peace of mind is much easier to handle.

make a call, go to the doctor and get a thorough checkup. If anything is awry, it may take simple meds to get you right. You may even be 100% physically, but if your fears have taken over your life, ask the doctor to set you up with a psychologist or therapist.

Do you have family you can confide in? Are you married? Do you have friends who you can help ease your worries?

It all stems from you...I'm afraid of having cancer as well...but I have other chronic disorders to deal with and I really don't know how I'd be able to deal with cancer unless I got it. Right now, I don't even think about it for it's not my reality.

Denial is a very strong defense mechanism, but you're still fearing what you don't know. For me, I'd rather know that I'm in good health, and if I'm not...what can I do to feel my best? But, I've also worked hard at dealing with myself on a mental/emotional level through a psychologist. Been mighty worth it to me.

Think about making the change, for from my perspective you have absolutely nothing to lose.

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 08-02-2004 at 02:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2004, 05:00 PM   #3
(male)

balsaaq HB User
Re: alone

You library should also have some good books on hypochonraisis, these will help.

Closed Thread