It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2004, 10:47 PM   #1

Bill G. HB User
Dizziness from abrupt movement

I have (had) anxiety triggered dizziness (the 24/7 version) that has been slowly going away with the help of 10mg Lexapro. One side effect that has remained is dizziness caused by the sudden turns on a winding road. Subtle turns on a waterslide did it also and I can't even get on a roller coaster anymore. I did not have this problem a few years ago before my symptoms showed up. Do any of you have this sensitivity? Is this an inner ear thing?

Bill

Last edited by Bill G.; 08-02-2004 at 10:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 12:06 AM   #2
(male)

Sickman HB User
Smile Re: Dizziness from abrupt movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill G.
I have (had) anxiety triggered dizziness (the 24/7 version) that has been slowly going away with the help of 10mg Lexapro. One side effect that has remained is dizziness caused by the sudden turns on a winding road. Subtle turns on a waterslide did it also and I can't even get on a roller coaster anymore. I did not have this problem a few years ago before my symptoms showed up. Do any of you have this sensitivity? Is this an inner ear thing?

Bill
Dear Bill G.
Condition or the medication could cause this. If you had dizziness 24/7 and now only have it on these types of things I would be very pleased with the medication and your own progress. I would not give this another thought other then sadly you might have to give up some of the extreme joyrides. If this is all you lose, you have lost very little and gained a whole lot. Maybe as time goes on this will pass also. Don't be concerned with this. Most people with anxiety and mediation side effects have to keep from making any sudden movements. Have a nice day

Sincerely,

Sickman

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 12:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

studyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB Userstudyin HB User
Re: Dizziness from abrupt movement

Hi Bill,

Are you sure you're anxiety is causing the dizziness and not the dizziness causing the anxiety. Some of the symptoms you mention sound inner ear related. It's difficult to know which came first in some cases.

Best...Scott

Old 08-03-2004, 06:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

You might want to go to an ENT and have your ears checked.
I was dizzy almost all the time...sudden movements made it worse even moving my eyes in a certain way could make me very dizzy.
I finally went to an ENT and I have something called ETD...nothing serious or life threatning...just a pain.
But unlike you I was also having terrible pressure down the side of my neck and along my jawline.
Either way it can't hurt to have it checked out, if for nothing else other than your own peace of mind.

Last edited by Graciecat; 08-03-2004 at 06:18 AM.

Old 08-03-2004, 11:23 AM   #5

Bill G. HB User

The dizziness from abrupt turns was one of the first symptoms I felt (years before I started the meds). As my other 'anxiety' related synptms showed up, this condition got worse. Like I posted earlier, currently, if I'm driving on a winding road that will really mess up my head. Yes, Ill visit that ENT soon.

Last edited by Bill G.; 08-03-2004 at 11:24 AM.

Old 08-03-2004, 03:47 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User

Graciecat,

What is EDT? I have the same problem with certain eye movements and severe dizziness?

Carrie

Old 08-03-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

EDT is Eustation Tube Dysfunction.
It's the tube in your inner ear that leads to your throat and I believe it also goes to you nose.
It keeps the pressure in your ears normalized by letting air in and out of your ears.
When they don't work properly it can cause pain and dizziness.
You can also get fluid in your ear and if the tube doesn't work the way it's supposed to the fluid gets trapped in your ear.

Last edited by Graciecat; 08-03-2004 at 05:31 PM.

Closed Thread