It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 08:59 PM   #1

christalynn11 HB User
Confused on my diagnosis...

I am an active, good natured and well functioning 23 yr old female. I live alone, maintain good finances, have friends and loved ones (including a 2 year long relationship), and can easily hold down a job. However, I am having some serious symptoms that have been increasingly difficult to handle in the last year. Today I saw a doc about switching meds (I had been on an antidepressant for about 10 months, effexor, and didn't feel like it was helping anymore, if ever).

I have previously been diagnosed as bipolar 2, depressed, and having panic attacks (all when I was 16 - My father was also seeing the same doc and was diagnosed as bipolar as well - I however do not display any type of manic/depressive cycle changes that would classify me as being bipolar)

I currently have the following symptoms:

Trouble sleeping - Either way too much or way too little
Fatigue - Always quite tired (my body is) and after physical activity, I become absolutely exhausted
Anger - this is usually a reaction to someone else's behavior, and is often accompanied by heat in my face and sever flushing of my skin
Panic - Feelings that no one likes/loves/trusts/accepts/cares about me, including unwarranted jealousy, sadness and frustration, fear of abondonment - This makes my heart beat, my mind race, and then when that stops I am filled with intense sadness and despair
Paranoia - This may be the wrong word but it's the best I can do - Fear of losing my job, telling the truth for fear of ridicule, boyfriend's cheating on me (I have no REAL reason to belive this is true, he spends a good deal of time with me and would be hard pressed to hide it from me, I am always included with his family and friends so they would all be keeping it from me as well)

My question is - Do you think I display symptoms of depression or of anxiety? So confused.

Last edited by christalynn11; 08-03-2004 at 09:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Confused on my diagnosis...

I hope you can find an antidepressant that works, sometimes they dont work
I wouldnt put too much effort into a diagnosis, you have a good insight into your problems and thats a big help

Closed Thread