I am an active, good natured and well functioning 23 yr old female. I live alone, maintain good finances, have friends and loved ones (including a 2 year long relationship), and can easily hold down a job. However, I am having some serious symptoms that have been increasingly difficult to handle in the last year. Today I saw a doc about switching meds (I had been on an antidepressant for about 10 months, effexor, and didn't feel like it was helping anymore, if ever).
I have previously been diagnosed as bipolar 2, depressed, and having panic attacks (all when I was 16 - My father was also seeing the same doc and was diagnosed as bipolar as well - I however do not display any type of manic/depressive cycle changes that would classify me as being bipolar)
I currently have the following symptoms: Trouble sleeping
- Either way too much or way too little Fatigue
- Always quite tired (my body is) and after physical activity, I become absolutely exhausted Anger
- this is usually a reaction to someone else's behavior, and is often accompanied by heat in my face and sever flushing of my skin Panic
- Feelings that no one likes/loves/trusts/accepts/cares about me, including unwarranted jealousy, sadness and frustration, fear of abondonment - This makes my heart beat, my mind race, and then when that stops I am filled with intense sadness and despair Paranoia
- This may be the wrong word but it's the best I can do - Fear of losing my job, telling the truth for fear of ridicule, boyfriend's cheating on me (I have no REAL reason to belive this is true, he spends a good deal of time with me and would be hard pressed to hide it from me, I am always included with his family and friends so they would all be keeping it from me as well)
My question is - Do you think I display symptoms of depression or of anxiety? So confused.