It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #1

Fred1976 HB User
back again

Ok, so I've been a bit anxoius for a while now, but no major attacks. About 30 minutes ago, go up from my desk went to the rest room and felt dizzy. Then I felt I could not breath, then felt I was gonna pass out. Came back, took a Valium, took a walk and seem to be calm. Kinda spacy, but much more calm. It's been several months since I've had one of these episodes. Will this always be the case for the rest of my life? Did I just have anoth panic attack, or was it something else?

Old 08-06-2004, 04:09 PM   #2

Jchandra88 HB User
Re: back again

I get the same kinds of "episodes" that you just experienced. I can't even figure out why I get them at times.. I guess it's because your brain processes a lot of stuff that you aren't even aware of.. I haven't had an attack for a while, but I still do tend to get slightly lightheaded and foggy in the brain when I'm around people... It doesn't really feel like an attack because my heart's not pounding, but I think it must be a reaction to something that we aren't aware of.. My psychologist specifically said that there's never a feeling before a thought..there's always a thought before a feeling. We just aren't always aware of the thought. Our brains are our central systems.. they control everything about our bodies and we react to a lot more than we consciously know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2004, 05:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to fred ask a doc as it could be from several things, especially postural hypotension if it only happens on standing

Old 08-07-2004, 06:43 AM   #4

Fred1976 HB User

Thanks everyone. After taking the valium(about 30 minutes) i really felt a lot better and could function. I guess this was a panic attack just out of the blue. I hope it won't happen again but it probably will. I know it's an attack because I took the valium and felt better. I believe if it were something else, the Valium would not have any effect. I try to convince myelf of this fact but when an attack somes on, it's hard to believe. I will beat this.

Closed Thread