It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #1

damndanes HB User
Effexor XR

Hi Everyone,

So nice to have found these boards. Don't feel so alone anymore. Just was wondering if anyone is taking Effexor XR and has it helped with their anxiety/panic? I just upped my dose to 150 mg. and my anxiety is worse--the Xanax is really not helping it either. I've tried Paxil (the drug from hell), Zoloft and Lexapro--no help. I'm also suffering with the 24/7 dizzies/off balance feeling. This is the worst symptom I've ever had. Thanks for any input you may have.

Deb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2004, 12:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
Re: Effexor XR

I have been on 75 mg of Effexor XR for 10 months. It has been a miracle for me. How long have you been taking it? During the first week or two that I started Effexor, my anxiety was definately worse. But I stuck it out, and it went away with all of the other side effects. I haven't had any panic attacks since starting the med and my anxiety is soooo much better! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #3

damndanes HB User

Thank you! I'm glad it helped you so well. I'm hoping for the same thing. I've been SLOWLY increasing the dose over the past 4 weeks and have been on 150 mg. for 5 days. That's when the more anxiety kicked in. I've heard wonderful things about this drug (except for the withdrawal), so I'll try to stick it out. Thanks again.

Deb

Old 08-07-2004, 08:32 PM   #4

PETALS HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by damndanes
Thank you! I'm glad it helped you so well. I'm hoping for the same thing. I've been SLOWLY increasing the dose over the past 4 weeks and have been on 150 mg. for 5 days. That's when the more anxiety kicked in. I've heard wonderful things about this drug (except for the withdrawal), so I'll try to stick it out. Thanks again.

Deb
I WAS ON EFFEXOR XR. WHEN I STARTED TAKING IT, I WOULD GET REAL SWEATY ALL OF A SUDDEN. FATIUGE AS WELL. WHEN I GOT TO MY TARGET DOSEAGE, I RECALL BEING OK WITH IT. IT'S BEEN 2 YRS SINCE I HAVE TAKEN IT. THE REASON I GOT OFF THE MEDS WAS I HAD SKIPPED A COUPLE DOSES.
I GOT BACK ON TRACK. THEN ANOTHER TIME I DIDNT PICK UP THE PILLS FROM THE PHARMACY, THIS WAS ABOUT 3 DAYS W/NO MEDS. THE WITHDRAWLS ARE HORRIBLE. I WAS WALKING DOWN THE HALL AND COLLASPED AND HIT MY HEAD ON THE WALL. I HAVE NEVER EXPERIANCED ANY THING LIKE IT.YOUR MIND IS SO MIXED UP, AND YOU BECOME WEAK.
WHEN I WENT TO THE DOC , HE TOLD ME TO START BACK WITH THE BEGINING DOSE, THE WEAN OFF. I COULD NOT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE AFTER JUST TAKING ONE DOSE. MY HEAD FELT NOT SO FOGGY.
I GUESS WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY IS WEAN OFF OF THEM WHEN THE TIME COMES. OR IF YOU MISS A DOSE, DONT LET IT GO MORE THAN A DAY.
HOPE THIS HELPS.
PETALS

Closed Thread