It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #1

jenna267 HB User
Question anger problems??

I've been dating this guy for 2 months. For the most part, things have been great, hes treated me like gold. Problem is, out of nowhere, he will be so mad at me he wont even speak to me, and it has gotten to the point where yesterday he broke up with me. He has fixated on something minor from my past and used it against me. Usually within a day or so, we are together again and he is saying how happy he is. The other night out of no where he starts sending me mean text messages, later we talk about it and he says it frustrates him because he is laughing in his head when he writes them to me cause he knows he doesn't mean it, but he sends it anyways. He confidid in me the other day that when things bother him, it is like it physically hurts him and he'll say or do anything, which usually involves hurting someone emotionally, until he feels better. He said he has been like this since he was a teenager and he can't deal with it anymore. He says he doesn't know how to be happy with someone and he looks for faults in everyone to use it against them. He is also very impulsive and buys very expensive things to fill the void. I am not asking for relationship advice, I just told him I would try to get him some help. I was thinking maybe it was an anger problem, but now I am not sure because he is so severley hot cold, with everyone including his family....any help? I know it is not a proper diagnosis, just wondering if anyone could relate to him

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2004, 10:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: anger problems??

I'm more concerned for you than for him. He has more very deep problems that you're probably capable of understanding. You may be opening a pandora's box. You're only seeing the tip of the iceberg.

(from a female perspective)
quincy

Old 08-09-2004, 06:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

I agree with Quincy.
I'm more worried about you, you don't need to take that kind of abuse.
I think you're boyfriend does have some serious problems and he does need help, but...and I know this has been repeated over and over again...but you can't help someone who won't help themselves.
He has to want the help.

Old 08-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to jenna,

leave him, if you stay with him you will become his full time psychiatric nurse

Old 08-09-2004, 02:40 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

....and to add to the hry33's comment....you will then have to question the need it's filling for you.

I agree..leave! And please do not seek out another the same.

quincy

Closed Thread