It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2004, 08:39 PM   #1
(male)

xs0dap0px HB User
The Bathroom

ok i have posted before about this and got a little response but i am so fustrated with this problem it is really something i need to go away ......ok so here is the problem when i get nervous or anxious it leads to me having to go to the bathroom and we are not talking pull over to the side of the road and pee type bathroom here .....so lets see no getting rides with anyone no movies with anyone....you get the picture its a very lonely dibilitating anxiety ......im sure it drives my girlfriend out of her mind that i have to turn around alot of the times and go back to the house to use the bathroom ....and tonight she is in a play and guess what i get there get ready to go inside and i get anxious and boom i have to leave ....great i would leave me if i was her ......i have been on several medications celexa /luvox/paxil ...i know it has to do with a social anxiety and a fear of embarasing myself and worse someone i am with ....i know there has to be some people out there with the same problem i am so over it ......i dont want to be a hermit i want to travel i want to do things .....i want this to stop AAAGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........ANY HELP PLEASE

Old 08-13-2004, 03:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dizzygirl HB User
Re: The Bathroom

Sometimes I get anxious too, and the only way that I have found to deal, is to take an immodium before I leave, and don't drink anything for at least an hour before I get in the car.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2004, 04:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

some meds to calm the bowel and digestive system seem to be needed

some dont actually need to go but do need to know where every toilet is when they go out and to also check out the toilets often

Old 08-13-2004, 08:34 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

marlena1967 HB User

I am wondering if Effexor would work for you........ it causes constipation.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I also take immodium when I am in that state. Sometimes, I need to do this for months on end before I go anywhere. Other times, everything is okay. Could you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Sometimes, an anti depressant works for that.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:00 PM   #6
(male)

xs0dap0px HB User

i thank you for all the replies i will try the imodium see if that helps a little .......i have ruled out i.b.s......i figure if i had that my stomach would bother me other times ......but its only when i go out and get nervous......oh and by the way i do play find the bathroom game i need to know where one is at all times in case of a problem

Last edited by xs0dap0px; 08-16-2004 at 02:01 PM.

Old 08-16-2004, 02:28 PM   #7
(female)

starlet32079 HB User

I can totally relate to this same problem. I am 25 and i have pretty bad
IBS-d. It makes me very nervous when I am in the car or away from a bathroom. I finally started taking 4 immodium 2 hours before going anywhere. It seems to help most of the time. Then when I am in the car I make someone else drive, and I close my eyes and take deep breaths and tell myself to calm down and visualize somewhere nice. It did take alot of practice to get myself to calm down.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:56 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

I had this same problem before my Paxil! Oh my gosh, I hated that feeling. Just when I think I'd be okay, I'd think---oh,no! I've got to go NOW. It is a very good idea to check out the bathrooms before you go anywhere.(If you can.) It always made me feel a little better to know that I could go to the bathroom and find it if needed. It seemed to give me a little more control. Meds. really have helped me tons--try different ones if you can't find one that works for you right away. My heart goes out to you! Remember that you are not alone.

Closed Thread