It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2004, 12:57 PM   #1

ericah HB User
Recovering workaholic

Recovering workaholics unite! Nearing burnout from the job, I realized I had to get my life under control. I had to stop my workdays blurring into weekends and the long nights in the office with the cleaning crew, only to have the vacuum cleaner remind me of how messy my own home was Ė because I was always in the office! A friend told me about the Leisure Time Advocacy, a group that offers tips and encouragement to bring more balance in your life. I checked out their website http://www.myleisuretrip.com/en/mlt/lta/ and started to follow some of their suggestions.

I now schedule time for fun, just like any other work-related meetings, and Iím much happier for it. Iíd love to hear other tips for bringing more balance into your life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 03:23 PM   #2

Lyly HB User
Re: Recovering workaholic

I can definitely relate to your workaholic tendencies. I always think about trying to take more time to relax or go on a quick vacation but I guess it just never works out. I checked out that website and there was some good info in there.Thanks for the tip.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread