It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2004, 04:41 PM   #1

Wondering25 HB User
What do Paniac attacks feel like?

Hi all, I was just wondering what exactly paniac attacks feel like. Like the symptoms you get. I have constant anxiety, and am going to a phyciatrist Monday about it, along with my depression. I don't believe I have ever had a paniac attack, but I do believe that how I do feel is from anxiety. Let me tell you how I would describe how I am feeling when I am suffering from anxiety.
I feel very nervous of course, and like I am shaking on the inside of my body really bad! I feel like I want to run around or jump up and down to try to make the feeling go away! Sounds silly I know. I always want to just scream from the top of my lungs, not because I hurt, but because I just can't take this feeling inside of me. Does this sound like anxiety to any of you? I just want to be sure what I call anxiety is what others feel too, if you know what I mean.
On a couple of occasions it has gotten so bad, that I get short of breath and the feeling that I get with my anxiety gets 10 times worse. I am wondering if these occasions could have been little paniac attacks although they didn't feel little at the time. I know everyone is different, but I just wanted to see what symptoms yall have with them.
I cannot wait to go to the doctor Monday and finally talk with someone that deals with this sort of stuff. In the past I have just gone to my regular doctor, and although they know some stuff, I think the phychiatrist will know more and how to treat better.
And if anyone has taken any medicines that have actually helped with them, I would love to know about them. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2004, 05:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: What do Paniac attacks feel like?

Ok, everyone is different but here is mine:

Panic Attack- BAM, dizziness, short of breath, extreme rapid heartrate, Im so paralyzed by the attack, I cant move, I feel as if Im going to pass out, my heart palpations are out of control, I feel like Im going to have a heart attack at any moment and I feel as if Im dying right then and there. I shake, I can barely talk at time. Once it is over, I become extremely tired, emotionally and physically, that I can fall asleep for two hours.

My anxiety attacks- Apprehensive, hot flashes, light headness, shaking, feel like I want to jump out of my body, I pace, these last longer than a full blown panic attack, they kinda hang on edge waxing and waning for a few hours. I do everything I can to try to calm myself down, either by distraction (mentally), to cleaning the house to rid the excess adrenaline feelings, to drinking very cold water.

Old 08-14-2004, 08:24 PM   #3

Wondering25 HB User
Re: What do Paniac attacks feel like?

Thank you for replying. The episodes I have had sound like anxiety attacks then. Literally I want to jump out of my own body when they have gotten that bad. You described it perfectly! Thanks

Closed Thread