It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2004, 05:38 PM   #1

sweetums HB User
Question Shortness of breath..could it be the xanax

I've been on xanax 3mgs a day for the last 7 months or so...I use to have episodes of just not being able to get enough air into my lungs...I just have problems breathing....when I took the xanax it use to help with this, but now it just doesn't do the trick anymore...I have heard alot of bad things about xanax, could it actually be making my problem worse? Any info would be greatly appreciated...my doctor knows I have alot of stress in my life so I think that's why he's letting me take this much xanax...I'm also on 400mgs of Wellbutrin a day...I need advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2004, 06:21 PM   #2

jas1980 HB User
Re: Shortness of breath..could it be the xanax

I don't believe it is the Xanax, I just think you need to calm down and let the Xanax do it's job. Maybe you're getting used to the 3 mgs and it's not helping as well. I would talk to you doctor about it.
I've been taking Xanax for a couple of years now as needed, and I've never had any problems with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 07:14 AM   #3
(male)

junior26 HB User

I'm the same way. I realized that the "shortness of breath" is just me constantly sighing because of my stress & anxiety.

Old 08-18-2004, 08:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to sweetums

how long on the wellbutrin? , if its working properly it should calm you a lot so you dont need much xanax at all

the xanax dose is high and I wouldnt go any higher, xanax relaxes the muscles so may have helped with the breathing

try to relax when breathing, and remember to push out your stomach as you breathe in, deep slow breathing is best, try a long soak in a hot bath, this ususlly helps

Closed Thread