It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 09:36 AM   #1

sonia7673 HB User
Lets list some of our crazy thoughts...

I feel like I can't trust myself or like I'm going to go nuts and won't be able to take care of my child. I get flashes of stupid thoughts in my head that come from no where and I was going to share them but I've forgotten all of a sudden. I was getting a trash bag out today and it came to mind that "what if" there were spiders in there and they got on my hand...many many more...I'll repost when I think of the rest.

Old 08-18-2004, 09:41 AM   #2

jas1980 HB User
Re: Lets list some of our crazy thoughts...

I think I'm going to lose it and do something crazy. I think I'm going to sleepwalk and hurt someone or myself. I think I have AIDS and brain tumors. And sometimes I'm just scared of everything.
The crazy thoughts are the hardest part about anxiety. I hate them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2004, 09:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

I used to worry I was going to lose it and do something crazy too. I also was afraid of not remembering doing something bad. I worry sometimes that I will call 911 in my sleep (that's a really weird one!). Or I worry that some crime will be committed and I will be blamed for it for some reason. And I will have to prove I didn't do it. Weird huh? I worry that my husband will die and I will be completely devastated. The weird thing is, I only worry about this one at night right before I go to sleep. I worry about something bad happening to him. I think this comes from when I was 16 and my Dad died. So, I realize that bad things can happen to anyone and anytime. I worry about people I love dying. It seems like the more I care about someone, the more I am worried about them dying. Now that I am on medicine, my worry is 99% better. I just worrying about the dying thing at night.

Old 08-18-2004, 10:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

All of these post sound like you have a form of OCD. You may want to check out that board.

Old 08-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsgirl
All of these post sound like you have a form of OCD. You may want to check out that board.
I was just about to say the same thing.
I've had OCD for as long as I can remember...don't have panic attacks any more, but still have the OCD.
The funny part is I won't go to the OCD board because I just know that I'll read something on there that someone else does and I'll have to do that one too

Old 08-18-2004, 01:10 PM   #6

Jchandra88 HB User

It's kinda wierd that I get the same kind of thoughts right at bedtime.. Thoughts of my husband dying and how I'd be so devestated and I wouldn't know how to cope. Most of the time I worry about slowly going insane and not knowing it. I wonder if people know it when they go crazy..or whether they just snap one day. My sister had a brain tumor when she was 15 and I still worry that I will develop one. I also have thoughts pertaining to whether people after death just pop out of existance or go someplace. I wonder if I'll ever be the same again -- like before this anxiety hit.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:24 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

Yep I know I have OCD. I go to the OCD board all the time.

Old 08-18-2004, 02:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchandra88
It's kinda wierd that I get the same kind of thoughts right at bedtime.. Thoughts of my husband dying and how I'd be so devestated and I wouldn't know how to cope. Most of the time I worry about slowly going insane and not knowing it. I wonder if people know it when they go crazy..or whether they just snap one day. My sister had a brain tumor when she was 15 and I still worry that I will develop one. I also have thoughts pertaining to whether people after death just pop out of existance or go someplace. I wonder if I'll ever be the same again -- like before this anxiety hit.
I think most people think "weird" thoughts like us, but just don't give them a second thought. Kind of like it doesn't effect them and give them anxiety like the thoughts give us.

Old 08-18-2004, 03:49 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Daisy--I just need to ask you--do you believe in an afterlife and God? Yes,these thoughts sound like some of my own...

Old 08-18-2004, 03:57 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymberlee
Daisy--I just need to ask you--do you believe in an afterlife and God? Yes,these thoughts sound like some of my own...
Yes, I believe in God. I am a Christian, Methodist, specifically. I also believe in heaven and hell.

Old 08-18-2004, 06:28 PM   #11
(female)

LIT HB User

i believe i ahve ocd
im on the board all the time
and so much makes sense
i also believe that i have anxiety
but most of that worry is gone now

all my symptoms are currently turning towards ocd

therapy should help with that tho

i think my ocd has a lot to do with having such low self esteem

Old 08-19-2004, 09:06 AM   #12

jas1980 HB User

I believe that all of the diseases mostly run together. I think the Anxiety leads to forms of OCD and that leads to forms of depression, and so on. It's so hard to pinpoint exactly what a person may or may not have. The only obsessive thing I do is the irrational thoughts, but sometimes I think I do it to myself to trigger a panic attack to see if I can handle it. It's so exhausting living this way.

Closed Thread