It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2004, 02:33 PM   #1

Wondering25 HB User
Weekly Prozac

Hi all, I just wanted to know if anyone is on this. I have taken the regular one a day prozac in the past, I believe it was 20mg a day, but I have never tried this once weekly kind. You literally only take one a week. And also if anyone was on the once a day dose then changed to the once a week did they notice a difference or any side effects? I also posted this on the depression board to see if anyone there new anything about it. It was prescribed to me for Depression, Anxiety and OCD.
I had stopped the prozac in the past because of the sexual side effects as in I was never in the mood, and I used to be all the time before that. I am practically still a newlywed. LOL! Well the doc said that he has something to help with the side effect and gave me Focalin 5mg. I believe this medicine is used for ADD as well which I also have, but currently taking adderall for. The nurse said that I might even like it better than my adderall as it doesn't have the same side effects as adderall. Gosh that would be so awesome, if it worked for the sexual side effect of prozac and my ADD to where I didn't have to take adderall. I would jump for joy. Less pills to take a day! But, for right now I just hope it helps with the sexual side effect of prozac, that is my main concern. I want to be able to get the help I need without having to give up a very important part of my life, intimacy. I just started both today, so I will let yall know about the focalin in a while.
Again, if any one has any info on this weekly prozac versus the daily prozac, I would love to hear your experiences wheter it's good or bad.
And if anyone has any info on taking focalin to counteract an antidepressant's side effects please let me know about your experiences as well. Any info would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks,
Always Wondering

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 09:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Weekly Prozac

prozac weekly seems to not be available much as its seldom mentioned on the net

is it more expensive than daily?
havent heard of focalin, is it an approved or 'off label' use?

Old 08-19-2004, 10:21 AM   #3

Wondering25 HB User
Re: Weekly Prozac

I don't know if it is more expensive, because I used to get the generic kind when I was taking the daily, so it only cost me two dollars. The weekly is brand name so it was twenty-five dollars for a month supply which is only four pills. I do have health insurance, and I know all company's vary, so not sure how much it would be without insurance. I know that focalin is used to treat ADD, but doc said it would help with the sexual side effects of the prozac. I guess I will just have to wait and see, I just started it yesterday!

Closed Thread