It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2004, 05:46 AM   #1
(male)

xpress80 HB User
Xanax and alchohol, tobacco

hi there - i am not an alchoholic. I take about .5mg of xanax once every 2 weeks at the most, a very small dosage to help me through certain situations. I prefer to only use it if I rarely have to. Now I was just wondering what the effects are of taking .5mg of xanax then consuming alchohol & tobacco (habits which are slowly being kicked, with the help of xanax!) say about 10 units of alchohol.

And what about taking xanax the next day, when you have a 'hangover' as they say.

yes i know everyone is going to tell me to stop drinking and smoking, but I am trying my best - its a slow process.

oh yeah, I have heard about this tablet called Calmlet, anyone know about this?

Please help..

Last edited by xpress80; 08-19-2004 at 06:01 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 07:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Xanax and alchohol, tobacco

Well I've never been a drinker myself so I can't really answer that, but I wouldn't think a drink every now and then would hurt you.
As for the smoking I took Xanax for years...have since weaned off...but I smoked when I took it and it didn't bother me at all.
I know some people say smoking makes them more anxious, but it never did that to me...same with coffee I could drink a whole pot and not get hyper at all..now Mountain Dew was another story..one can of that stuff and I was bouncing off the walls
I still don't touch that stuff

Last edited by Graciecat; 08-19-2004 at 07:43 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

hi express,

xanax usually reacts with alcahol to make you feel more drunk, however your dose wont do much as its small, I think tobacco has no effect on xanax

Old 08-21-2004, 10:08 AM   #4

archetype HB User

As long as you don't have any asthma or breathing difficulties, I guess it couldn't hurt you.

Old 08-22-2004, 12:00 PM   #5
(male)

xpress80 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Xanax and alchohol, tobacco

I have very mild asthma - does xanax have an effect on asthmatics? Drank alchohol for the first time after talking half a xanax 0.5mg - was fine.

I always seem to get ***** attacks/anxiety after a night of heavy drinking and the xanax helps a lot to calm me down.

Closed Thread