It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 12:08 AM   #1
(female)

lasalla22 HB User
I have some WEIRD scary symptoms and I don't know if its anxiety

I without a doubt have anxiety disorder, I have all the symptoms. But I also have weird symptoms that may not be anxiety realated and I need help seeing if these are anxiety symptoms or something else.

1)Neck aches for no reason
2) I feel pressure on my glands right under the throat(not inside the throat. Right under your chin..but farther back. On the right and left side of that area) ...and it hurts and it feels like I am going to suffocate...I feels this pressure on it like someon is pussing on my glands....at least I think they are my glands I am not even sure if their are glands there.
3) I fear going deaf and blind
4) Sometimes only one side of my chest hurts
5) these symtoms happen even when I am not 'panicing'...some of them stay with me all day.
6)weird visual things..like feeling like the room looks cloudy and blurry
7) Poor balance
8) When i stand up from sitting down my heart races, I feel dizzy, my legs feel numb and tingly and it lasts a few seconds.

I am so scared...these cannot be signes of anxiety they are too rare.

Old 08-21-2004, 11:38 AM   #2

sonia7673 HB User
Re: I have some WEIRD scary symptoms and I don't know if its anxiety

I have everyone of those symptoms that you just listed. I thought I was the only one that feared going deaf or blind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 03:14 PM   #3
(female)

lasalla22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonia7673
I have everyone of those symptoms that you just listed. I thought I was the only one that feared going deaf or blind.
Really, you do? And you definetly have anxiety disorder huh? It's so great that I can come here and see all these people with the same problems I have...I thought I was crazy. No you are NOT the only one afraid of going deaf and blind. Sometimes at night I close my eyes when I am ready to go to sleep, and I open them right away really fast to see if I still have my vision. (sleep with a light on). And then I felt this pain in my ear so I thought I was going deaf and I paniced. It is really scary...

Last edited by lasalla22; 08-21-2004 at 03:15 PM.

Old 08-22-2004, 08:36 AM   #4
(male)

usmc75 HB User

Sounds all too familiar. I have all the same symptoms and was diagnosed with panic disorder about 9 months ago. I feel like I have to fight just to stay alive sometimes. Like if I relax I will just fade away and die. What a horrible feeling. I also wonder about going deaf or blind sometimes. I even sleep with the light or TV on so I can open my eyes to make sure I can still see. I have even gotten to the point that I can't even sleep in the bed anymore because i just lay there and think weird, crazy, or scary thoughts. I just watch TV until I fall asleep. And this is driving my wife crazy. She thinks I just don't want to sleep with her but I guess she just does not understand.

But to lasalla22, don't worry, all the symptoms you are experiencing are the same that I, and many others have. Just keep reading the posts on this site and you will see. This site has been the single best thing that I have found for my anxiety so far. It really helps knowing that you are not the only one with these unusal feelings.

Thanks to everyone.

Chad

Old 08-22-2004, 12:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

zekat HB User

You have to remember that anxiety and panic are reactions. I feel certain that you are suffering from anxiety from your very real symtpoms. Often times we start a terrible cycle with anxiety, symptoms, more anxiety causing increased symptoms creating greater anxiety, and so on and so on.

That being said, have you had your thyroid checked out? The symptoms of pressure on your neck ALONG with your anxiety could be an indication of a thyroid disfunction. This is nothing to be anxious about or to worry about, but it would defiantely be worth looking into if you have no done so already. If you have had your thyroid checked out and your doctor has ruled it out, then just continue to try and relax and start a better cycle of not worrying so much, decreasing symtpoms, worrying even less causing symptoms to lessen even more and so on and so on.

Closed Thread