It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 06:02 PM   #1

KnucklesOnPaXil HB User
Question Your Take on Paxil?

I'd like to know what everyones take on Paxil is...
I just got put on it on friday... And already I hate it. It makes me feel nausea
like 24/7... I heard this is commin but my doctor told me nothing... Please enlighten me.

Old 08-24-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Your Take on Paxil?

try reducing the dose and taking any valium type med with it

these antidepressant meds are often overprescribed and many docs dont know about the early side effects as they rely totally on drug company sales reps for their meds info and of course, the reps dont mention them

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Kymberlee HB User

Hey,Knuckles! I wanted to tell you about my Paxil experience! I have been on Paxil 20mg. for about 2 years. It is wonderful for me! I have PTSDand it got to a point that I would avoid driving my car! That is not me at all. I was scared to go anywhere and started having diarrea all the time. My nerves were shot and I needed something. I went to my family Doctor and told her how I waas feeling. She told me to try the Paxil. I remember thinking that she's nuts--this won't work! Well, it DOES work for me. My Doctor warned me to take this drug with food. I take it at dinnertime and have no problems with it. Also, she warned me about having headaches with it for the first couple of weeks. I remember having headaches. I took some over the counter pain reliever and was fine. The headaches went away. Try it and stick with it if you can. You may be surprised how much better you feel in a couple of weeks. How much are you taking? What time of the day do you take it? Keep me informed, please.

Old 08-27-2004, 05:36 PM   #4
(male)

wittyboy HB User

knuckles, I want to tell you , GET OFF IT!!! I was on paxil and if you want do a search on it and its side effect. If you ever have to come off of it it will be like a living hell. You will have withdrawl and you will come off it like you have the flu. You will probably get brain zaps etc. I am not trying to scare you but be careful and maybe try something else. Do your research and talk to you doctor. Most doctors do not know about the side effects because they are paid to precribe it. Please do you research and print out the facts then talk to your doctor. Good luck and be careful

Old 08-27-2004, 05:41 PM   #5

redherring HB User

Your doctor told you nothing about the side effects. What a suprise! I hope he started you at a very low dose, not something like 20mgs. This is to ensure you have the least amount of side effects. If you're starting at 20mgs, get a pill cutter and start at 5mgs. Believe me your side effects will not be as bad.

Old 08-27-2004, 08:03 PM   #6
(male)

wittyboy HB User

redherring, My point is not about the side effects while on paxil.I started at 10mg and worked up to 25. My point here is getting off paxil. Do a search on paxil side effects , I can't give you a specific site on here but let me tell you it is a living nite mare when and if you get off it. I hope you never have to experience it. Good Luck

Old 08-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #7
Inactive

byrdleg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyboy
redherring, My point is not about the side effects while on paxil.I started at 10mg and worked up to 25. My point here is getting off paxil. Do a search on paxil side effects , I can't give you a specific site on here but let me tell you it is a living nite mare when and if you get off it. I hope you never have to experience it. Good Luck
\

Wittyboy,
How did you come off the Paxil? Were you weaned or just stopped and over how much time? My understanding now is that doctors are VERY aware of this and start you at a very slow taper and may even use the liquuid to taper you off without such severe withdrawl. Love to hear how you did it.

THANKS!
BYRDLEG

Old 08-28-2004, 09:35 PM   #8

Dooshy HB User

Hear, hear, Wittyboy! Good answer --- People need to type Paxil side effects and withdrawal into Google and see what comes up before they start with these meds.

Byrdleg i saw theres alot of information on the depression board about withdrawals.

Closed Thread