It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 06:10 PM   #1

sweetums HB User
Side effect of Wellbutrin?

I have been having daily experiences of shortness of breath...I just feel like I can't get enough air in my lungs...somebody said it could be the wellbutrin, but I asked my doctor and he didn't think so....so for now when it's gets bad I take 1mg of xanax...which is aok with my doctor...but he has me on 3mgs of xanax a day and it's getting to the point that I feel I need more xanax than that...Does anyone else have shortness of breath along with their wellbutrin? Any advice would be greatly appreciated...it's not a fun thing not feeling like you can breath.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

siren1024 HB User
Re: Side effect of Wellbutrin?

I had many strange symptoms, including shortness of breath and shakieness, and sleep disturbance when I was taking Zyban to quit smoking. My understanding is that Zyban and wellbutrin are close to the same thing??
DD born 3/24/2005

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 06:00 PM   #3

ImASadGirl22 HB User

Hey There

I have been taking wellbutrin xl (150mg) for quiet some time now and i havent had the side effects that i had on zoloft, lexapro or paxil. I cant say I really have had any. On the others i had a hard time losing weight and got migranes non stop but nothing really on the wellbutrin.
It sounds like your having a panic attack and thats why ur dr told you to take the xanax.... i suffer from panic attacks and depression and i havent really had any panic attacks since taking this.. maybe the dr needs to change your meds to something that is more geared towards panic attacks?

Old 08-25-2004, 06:30 PM   #4

sweetums HB User

My story is rather long, but both my doc and I are scared to have me go off these meds and try something else because I had a very bad winter and spring this past year....we're afraid it could happen again and since I'm rather stable now we don't want to take any chances...I don't feel like I'm having a panic attack....I never had panic attacks before....the only reason we started the xanax was because the Wellbutrin was taking too long to kick in and I needed something else to help in the mean time, but now it looks like I'll be on both forever.
This is just strange to me...I use to be one that wouldn't even take a tylenol for a severe headache, and now I can't live without meds...I just don't get it.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:14 PM   #5

kabuki713 HB User

I've been on Wellbutrin for a few years now haven't had any bad symptoms with it. There was a point in time a year ago when I kept having bad spells of being out of breath- feeling like I wasn't able to get any oxygen- it was weird and scary. I went to the allergist about it. They tested my allergies (which I needed to get done anyway) and then gave me the test for asthma. Come to find out I have acute asthma. I have an inhaler on hand in case I feel that way again- and I do off and on but not nearly as severe as I did the first time it happened.
Also I understand you're feeling about having to be on meds. You're definitely not alone there! Take care!

Old 12-20-2004, 06:43 AM   #6
Inactive

Aries872 HB User

I don't have that. I have that when I am not on Wellbutrin or having a panic attack. I also have costochondritis that causes that. Maybe you are having break through symptoms. I have that sometimes.

Aries872

Closed Thread