It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
(female)

caligirl1 HB User
Question Starting taking Lexapro Today...Anyone else?

I am hoping it doesn't cause weight gain, see look at me worrying. I go to the gym 6x a week almost and eat pretty healthy. And drink basically just water so I am hoping that will be a benefit for me. What are everyone elses experiences?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

tooanxious HB User
Re: Starting taking Lexapro Today...Anyone else?

Started lexepro three days ago. Just noticed some increased agitation but thats all. Course that could be my anxiety disorder. Ill keep you updated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User

I have been on lexapro for about 15 months now and have experienced a little bit of weight gain. Nothing too tragic, though. I used to run about 4 miles five times a week, but have noticed that it's much harder and has been this past year because my energy level has declined a bit. I am extremely happy with this medication. The only thing that I'm having problems with now is that I was recently married and we would like to start having children soon. About four months ago I attempted to wean myself off and it is VERY VERY difficult. The withdrawal symptoms were agonizing. I had to taper back onto them because I couldn't do it. I wish it were safer to continue while pregnant.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:24 PM   #4
(female)

caligirl1 HB User

What happened when you tried to withdraw from them, what kinds of symptoms?

Old 08-25-2004, 07:29 PM   #5
(female)

AnnieinPA HB User
Smile Re: Starting taking Lexapro Today...Anyone else?

Well, I tapered off of them way too fast. My doctor, a well-respected psychiatrist really let me down. According to her, and to many doctors according to the many people on here who complain about the same thing, there is no real "Lexapro withdrawal." But trust me, there is. The first few days (after about two weeks of tapering) were OK. I had a headache and felt kind of weird, but other than that, I was ok. Then on like the third night, I woke up and felt like a truck hit me head on. I was spinning, was completely panicked and felt like I was having the worst panic attack I have ever experienced. I felt like there was a vice on my head just squeezing and like I was going to just pass out and die right there. This lasted all night and into the next day when finally I broke down and took a half of a 10 mg. pill. Within an hour or two, I was back to normal. Honestly, Lexapro really has changed my life for the better - I was stricken in college with terrible panic attacks and then somehow ended up with severe social anxiety despite the fact I had always been extremely outgoing. My life was ruined, it seemed, until I started taking this drug. However, if I knew then how hard it would be to come off of it, I'm not sure I would have started or not. I hope this helps!

Old 08-26-2004, 08:40 AM   #6
(male)

mickey56 HB User

Lexapro has been great for me.I now take it twice a day,10mg's each time.Early morning and late afternoon. I have gone off it before(also Celexa) with no problems at all.We are all different as you can see by others.But,for me its helping.Take care.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:12 PM   #7

Bob K HB User

I have been on Lexapro for about 5 weeks now, I still am having anxiety problems and some panic attacks, however I have lost a little over 10 lbs. I was on paxil before and gained close to 30 so I am hoping this med kicks in soon.

Old 08-29-2004, 12:20 AM   #8

summer 79 HB User

good luck ....weight gain and acne is what caused my daughter to quit lexapro cold turkey!!!!!!in spite of being a vegan....and exercise queen 3 days a week..she put on 35 lbs in 2 months!

Closed Thread