It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 04:27 PM   #1

CaptainUtah HB User
Eyes and tiredness.....

Does anyone feel like your eyes just never "wake up" all the way...like all day long they feel as though you've just woke up and there heavy or swollen feeling and like you just cant snap out of it..?....curious to who else feels this. Utah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2004, 05:49 PM   #2
(male)

usmc75 HB User
Re: Eyes and tiredness.....

Yes. I do get the "sleepy eyes" sometimes. Usually it will hit me after I have been awake for a few hours. It seems like i just can't keep my eyes open, but no other part of my body seems to be tired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2004, 10:50 PM   #3

CaptainUtah HB User

Its my eyes and head that dont seem to snap out of this funky funk... all damn day long...some days more tolerable than others but that's it.....havent felt normal eyes or head for a year and a half now... It really blows. drives me insane sometimes to the point of a potential break down...blah.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Hi - yes, I have that problem with my eyes also. Some days are worse than others - like you no other part of my body seems tired but my eyes feel tired and heavy. My head doesn't feel right either when I have this eye problem. I feel as if my whole face "looks drained" when I have this problem. Have no idea what causes it and what can be done. I have gone to bed early etc in the hope that it will go but I know for a fact its not lack of sleep 'cause I sleep very well!! If you ever find a solution to this let us know. It makes me depressed when I feel like this as I am always wondering what is the cuase?.

Maggie

Old 08-31-2004, 05:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

a possible cause of this is meds, some do have this effect on people

lubricating the eyes with yellow vaseline ( yellow soft parrafin) may help if they are dry

Old 08-31-2004, 06:07 PM   #6
(male)

stackzone HB User

Do you guys get dark cirlces and bags too???

Old 09-01-2004, 10:35 AM   #7
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dback
Yep - I get dark circles also - I don't have them all the time but when I'm really tired or around period time.

Old 09-06-2004, 04:53 PM   #8
(male)

Matty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dback
Half of my damn anxiety is because of staring at my huge sags in the mirror. Between the dark bags and my pale complexion, I look almost deathly. My girlfriend mentions that the brim of the lower lid is almost purple sometimes. I absolutely hate it... I have no idea what to do about it.

In fact, even after nights where I feel like I have a quality sleep, I wake up as if I didn't rest at all. What the hell is that? My eyes feel tired, and the bags underneath them are terribly unnatractive.

Anyone with any insight?

Last edited by Matty; 09-06-2004 at 04:53 PM.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:41 PM   #9

CaptainUtah HB User

I know what you mean about waking up and feeling you didnt rest at all....happens to me as well...it's the damn anxiety affecting us even when we sleep...prob on a subconscious level.... I hate it too man.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:51 PM   #10
(male)

Matty HB User

Yes that's exactly it! How can anxiety nail you in your sleep? That is friggin' MESSED. It makes you wonder if it's not strictly a breating pattern issue?

I have heard on numerous occasions that those with anxiety breath shallow breaths from their upper chest. Everytime I wake up I'm breating from this area rapidly. I've tried taking deep breaths from my lower abs, you know the stomach area... but it never translates to a complete breathing pattern overhaul.

Closed Thread