It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2004, 07:43 PM   #1

Jchandra88 HB User
Thought I had it under control

I'm not sure if this is anxiety-caused or not. I'm starting classes again on Monday and have been dreading it for a while. Even now I can feel my breath shortening. Anyway, for the past few days I have been getting headaches, stomach problems, and insomnia, not to mention when I actually do get to sleep, it's very troubled and full of either disturbing dreams or constantly waking up during the night. Right now I have a headache that started in the back of my right eye..it's just growing worse and causing dizziness and slight nausea.

In the past few nights, I have been having what I can only guess have been anxiety attacks...shortness of breath, heart racing, stomach aches, nausea, stiffness in the back of my neck. It seems to happen mainly late at night (like between 10:30-midnight or later). It's only been happening the past few nights, but it's made me dread when night comes.

I thought I was getting better about these attacks...I hadn't had one in a while. Now I have thoughts of worrying that I'll go crazy sometime in the near future. I do everything I can to try to destress myself -- take hot baths, listen to soft relaxing music, take deep breaths... But I'm really scared that I have like some tumor or something growing in my brain and it's causing all this. I don't have any valium or anything...I won't take prescripted antidepressants or anything along that line due to a bad experience I had with one once. Does anyone have any advice for me...reassurance that this is indeed just anxiety...I'm kind of scared right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2004, 09:02 PM   #2
(male)

usmc75 HB User
Re: Thought I had it under control

Jchandra88, it sounds to me like you are definately having panic / anxiety attacks. Have you previously been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder? If so, then you are most likely having it again. Yoy say that you had a bad experience with antidepressants? What meds have you tried? I was first prescribed Paxil by my doctor but I had a terrible time with it. I give it up after two days of feeling like a zombie. Now I am on Prozac. So far everything has been going well with it. I have been on it for about five months. Maybe you could try a different med.

Good Luck, Chad

Closed Thread