It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 06:49 PM   #1

agent_hush HB User
Question how everything affects ur life

i just want to ask all you guys how stress/anxiety/depression affects ur life (home, school/work, relationships). how do you deal with it? does your friends and family support you?

i'll start... my stress/depression triggers are home based so i cant really escape it coz i live at home. i graduated from highschool and uni very very stressed.. (there were times when i was shedding so much hair and my period became very delayed). didnt have lots of friends coz i didnt really know how to be happy and have fun. relationships = nada! i knew i had a problem and didnt want to be involved and have more problems. i was ashamed of myself. work.. none yet.. i just recently graduated and the anxiety and depression seems to paralyze me.. i cant help but think that im not yet ready to work in this state of mind. i dont think i can function properly in any job when im like this. i dont know how to deal with life anymore.

how about u guys?

Old 08-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #2

Jchandra88 HB User
Re: how everything affects ur life

When the anxiety disorder really hit me hard, I had to take a sick leave from work. I was only a hostess at Pizza Hut, but I hated the job more than anything, and the thought of facing people and forcing myself to be nice was more than I could bear. It was about a month before I could do anything worthwhile. For a few weeks, I could only stay in bed and either sleep or watch TV. I was too tired and dizzy to do anything else. I had a whole mix of emotions..I felt helpless because I didn't know what it was I had. The doctors would give me no clear answers.. I couldn't talk to anyone...if a friend came over, I would just pretend to listen, but really resented their presence. It also put a strain on my relationship with my husband. I resented him also because he didn't understand what was wrong with me. This happened right after classes ended. I'd had a stressful semester and when it finally ended, I guess I crashed hard.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2004, 09:13 AM   #3

vacantbreath HB User
Re: how everything affects ur life

i am trying to recover from anorexia -- my stress/paranoia/anxiety is mostly weight related, so when i weigh 2 lbs more than usual i get completely nutsy and cannot focus, cannot leave the house even. right now my anxiety is sky high and i dont even want to be seen. im not bad looking i just feel incredibly fat. every part of me, even my chin and my ankles and weird places like that.

i have no friends left, i have no relationships, i just moved to a new place, people around me all are there to fix me and be there for me but really the problem is myself and i have no idea in hell if anything i have left is "right" because it all seems wrong.

see jchandra, u dont know what is wrong...thats what im going through too. really nothing is wrong besides the fact that we're not accepting what our lives are right now, and that we're connected to the rest of the world already even when we feel alone and panicky.

Closed Thread