It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2004, 10:00 AM   #1
(male)

junior26 HB User
How do your panic attacks manifest themselves?

I've had spaciness, every minute of every day for 2 months now. I feel like I'm slowly losing my mind. But once in a while, out of nowhere, I get a heavy pressure in my head and in my nose which coincides with a near-fainting spell. The more I think about, the longer it lasts and the stronger it gets. My heart rate stays slow and my breathing stays calm. But my hands get clammy.

My constant spaciness started with one of these "attacks". I have attributed them to anxiety all this time, thinking they are a sort of panic attack.

So my question is, can panic attacks manifest themselves with only near-fainting spells and nothing else?

Old 08-30-2004, 10:22 AM   #2

redherring HB User
Re: How do your panic attacks manifest themselves?

Are you on any meds? SSRI's will cause a little spaciness as well as sweating of the palms and soles of the feet.

My panic manifests itself with my constant pulse taking. If I feel it's *too fast**, I freak and cause myself to have a PA. I know silly isn't it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2004, 05:12 PM   #3

james18 HB User

That isnt silly I do the same thing! Ill feel my heart pumping and then check my pulse and if its to fast into a PA I go. Things like im going to die or something bad is going to happen to my body, and it never does. Panic attacks are caused by you worrying and fearing of one!! If you feel one coming on and say the hell with it and dont worry or be nervous or anything it will not come.

For who ever has panic attack i highly recommend you visit this sight! It changed my life! http://*****************/jambeau1/panic.html

Old 08-30-2004, 05:14 PM   #4

james18 HB User

sorry.....

Last edited by james18; 08-30-2004 at 05:17 PM.

Old 08-30-2004, 05:16 PM   #5

james18 HB User

sorry again

Last edited by james18; 08-30-2004 at 05:16 PM.

Old 08-30-2004, 11:34 PM   #6
(male)

pjcat HB User

Junior26,

Do you suffer from anything sinus related? I also suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and I know exactly the spaciness feeling you are talking about. However, I also have weak sinuses and I have noticed that this feeling seems to correlate with a strange "dry" sinus feeling in the throat. The exact area in the throat where the sinuses drain. Perhaps you suffer from post nasal drip?!

The spaciness feeling is the worst, trust me I know what your talking about!! But, I wonder if there is a correlation with the sinuses?

Well, good luck to ya. Hope you get rid of it!

Old 08-30-2004, 11:49 PM   #7
(male)

pjcat HB User

Also, Junior26 the fact that you say you feel pressure in your nose makes me feel like it might be sinus related. This isn't a diagnoses by any means (consult your doctor), but these symptoms of yours seem (to me) really sinus related. The fact that when you think about them makes them worse, is just standard anxiety.

Like I said in the Previous post, hope you can get rid of the spaciness!! GOOD LUCK!!

Old 08-31-2004, 06:24 AM   #8
(male)

junior26 HB User

pjcat, is it possible to have sinusitus and have a dry nose? I can breathe just fine. Actually, I do suffer from post-nasal drip. But I have had post-nasal drip for many years. Funny you mention it because I was clearing my throat quite a lot because of my post-nasal drip (summer humidity makes it worse), so I decided to start using a saline spray. A few days later, I developed this stupid dizziness.

Also, I usually have allergies to pollen, but they didn't happen this year. Instead, the spaciness happened.

I attribute all my other symptoms to anxiety. But the dizziness, I'm not so sure. It started with dizziness. All kinds of anxiety symptoms have come and gone, but the dizziness has always been there. That's what makes me think that the dizziness is not anxiety related.

I'm still scared that it might be something serious though. But thanks for the encouragement!

Last edited by junior26; 08-31-2004 at 06:25 AM.

Closed Thread