It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #1
(male)

junior26 HB User
Lexapro not available in Canada???

I finally got a prescription for an anti-depressant. We'll see if it helps for the 24/7 dizziness. The doc gave me Celexa. She was suggesting I take Effexor, but I said "NO WAY IN HELL!". When I asked the doctor about Lexapro, she told me she had never heard of it. Same with the Pharmacist when I asked him about it. So I'm guessing it is not yet approved in Canada.

I must admit that I'm quite disappointed that I have to settle for Celexa, when Lexapro is obviously a better med. Everybody's raving about Lexapro, while everybody on Celexa says they gained an incredible amount of weight! Although that seems to be the extent of the side effect difference. And sleepiness. I guess I'll be taking mine at night.

I asked the pharmacist about weight gain, and he told me that it's not the medication that causes the weight gain, but your appetite that changes once your on the med. You feel good, you eat more. I'm not sure if I buy that theory, but we'll see in a couple of months if I've gained weight. I'm exactly 150lbs right now. Never been higher than that. If I somehow shoot up to 160lbs in 2 months, I'll know it's the meds.

I'll let you guys know how it goes! Wish me luck!

Old 09-03-2004, 05:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Lexapro not available in Canada???

everybodys raving about lexapro because the makers are spending a huge amount of money advertising and promoting it, its actually just a hopefully improved version of celexa, in other words its just another prozac type med

I agree about weight gain, these meds dont alter your matabolism, but occasionally they promote compulsive eating

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread