It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #1

whatnext HB User
questions about Zoloft

I took my first Zoloft (50 mg) yesterday morning and tolerated it very well, but I got pretty drowsy by midmorning and early afternoon. I had to take a couple of naps. My appetite wasn't worth a darn yesterday though, but I'm sure that probably wasn't due to the Zoloft. Last night I went to bed between 10:30 and 11:00 and woke up at about 2:30 -- wide awake too. I tossed and turned for nearly an hour and then worked about four crossword puzzles. I noted that aside from being wide awake in the middle of the night I felt relatively relaxed. I was still aware of some slight twitching in my calves and I tried hard not to be taken in by it and concentrated on my crosswords. I fell asleep a little after 5:00 and woke up again between 7:30 and 8:00 still feeling rather relaxed. I took the dogs out and felt okay, and I was able to eat breakfast. After taking my second Zoloft this morning, I went back to bed to get back some of the sleep I missed last night. I just went to get a newspaper and I noted that I feel pretty loopy. I'm basically coherent, just jittery as all get out and a little wobbly on my feet, which is what I thought the Zoloft wouuld help with. It shouldn't have kicked in after only 2 tablets should it? Is this normal? I also felt a bit nauseated this morning too, and I'm pretty sure that's the zoloft talking to me. I'd appreciate any comments or encouragement. This whole thing is very new to me and I'm a little scared.

Last edited by whatnext; 09-05-2004 at 12:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 12:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: questions about Zoloft

zoloft takes about 2 weeks minimum to work, your dose is high but is OK if you can tollerate it , if not split the tablet and take half

in general dont monitor yourself so closely, just get on with things, if the tablet sedates you, take it just before bed

Old 09-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #3

whatnext HB User
Re: questions about Zoloft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hry33
zoloft takes about 2 weeks minimum to work, your dose is high but is OK if you can tollerate it , if not split the tablet and take half

in general dont monitor yourself so closely, just get on with things, if the tablet sedates you, take it just before bed
Thank you. I called four different pharmacists to make sure they all told me the same story and they did. They did tell me to check with my doc before changing form morning to evening though. I'd rather be a little sleepy during the day than jumpy all night. Again, thanks for the encouragement!

Closed Thread