It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

lasalla22 HB User
Panic attacks while sleeping?

A few nights ago a horrible thing was happening to me. I was SO tired, and every time I would try to fall asleep...I would doze off and withing a minute I would wake up from my sleep with my heard pounding and having that "nervous feeling" in my chest, and my body was literally tingling all over. Then as soon as I woke up it went away. So I tried to go back to sleep, and I julted up again with my heart pounding and my body tingling. Every single time I would doze off, I kept uncontrollably and unintentionally waking up this way. I tried so hard to go to sleep because I was so tired, but my body kept doing this and refused me to go to sleep. So I got very upset and stayed up all night because I thought something was wrong with my heart. I don't think it was a panic attack because every time I woke up it all went away, but every time I tried to fall asleep I would wake up with my heart racing and tingling all over. I had as I have said, that feeling in your chest when you because excited...a tingly odd feeling. But like I said when i woke up it would go away. I could best describe it as, when you have those dreams that youre falling and you wake up with your heart pounding...only a little worse and odd. And I wasn't even able to dream because I kept on getting up before I could fall into a deep sleep. I am very young and I don't see their being somethig wrong with my heart(because I ALWAYS think their is something wrong with me when their usually isn't anything but anxiety)...does this sound like anxiety to you guys? It is such a hard thing to describe because I think it has never happened to people before. It was scarey and I was terrified to go to sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2004, 10:05 PM   #2

CaptainUtah HB User
Re: Panic attacks while sleeping?

This used to happen to me....it wont last forever it's def anxiety.... I believe theyre called 'sleep starts'....if you wanna read about em on the web.... Utah

Old 09-05-2004, 10:26 PM   #3
Inactive

Frank168 HB User
Re: Panic attacks while sleeping?

I sometimes have something like this. I don't know if it's a sleep start, maybe because it isn't one of those falling feeling kind of things that make me jump. It's right when I'm about to transition from waking thinking state with eyes closed to sleep state something in me gets frightened or alarmed that I'm going to make this transition and my mind suddenly becomes alert and adrenaline rushes through my body keeping me wide awake for another 20 or 30 mins till the effects of the adrenaline die down. Once it does and I'm about to drift off to sleep again my mind becomes alarmed and adrenaline comes on strong once more. This happens all night long sometimes and it sucks! It's kinda like when I'm driving or when I was in class at school and if I am about to doze off suddenly this transition to sleep alarms me to wake up with tons of adrenaline because it knows deep down that sleeping right now is going to be a bad thing. It passes though and comes and goes for me. I wouldn't worry too much about it unless it becomes a chronic pattern lasting more than a few months.

Frank

Closed Thread