It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 06:59 AM   #1
(male)

junior26 HB User
Started Celexa for my dizziness!

Well, after months of 24/7 dizziness and being diagnosed 5 times with anxiety, I decided to get a prescription for an anti-depressant.

Man, I sure hope this will help the dizziness. I'm still not 100% convinced that the dizziness is anxiety related, but I'm giving Celexa a try. I also have a bit of social anxiety and ADD, which are both supposed to be helped by Celexa. So, I guess it's definitely worth a try. I'm starting with 10mg the first week and moving to the regular 20mg dose after that.

I would have liked Lexapro, but it's not yet approved here in Canada.

Anyway, I'll let you guys know if it helps for the 24/7 dizziness as well as any side effects I experience. I hope I won't get hives like I do with benzos!

I'm doing this for all dizziness sufferers, so wish me luck!

Old 09-07-2004, 07:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Started Celexa for my dizziness!

good luck but 5mg may be better for the first week

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2004, 07:24 AM   #3
(male)

junior26 HB User

They don't make the pills less than 20mg. I have to cut them in half to get 10mg. But so far, I'm not seeing anything from 10mg, so I'll stay at that dose for this week. But if ever I have to wean off, believe me, I will be cutting those puppies in 1/4's.

Old 09-07-2004, 08:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior26
They don't make the pills less than 20mg. I have to cut them in half to get 10mg. But so far, I'm not seeing anything from 10mg, so I'll stay at that dose for this week. But if ever I have to wean off, believe me, I will be cutting those puppies in 1/4's.
It takes an ssri drug to really work about 4-6 weeks.

Old 09-07-2004, 09:55 AM   #5
(male)

junior26 HB User

That's what I hear. I'll give it all the time it needs.

Old 09-08-2004, 06:50 AM   #6
(male)

junior26 HB User

Crap, like with all the benzos, I'm getting hives with Celexa too! And I've only taken it twice, at 10mg! It's not supposed to be doing anything to me at that dosage. I'm hoping the hives are anxiety related and not caused by the meds.

I'm thinking I have some type of autoimmune disease or something. It's not normal to have allergic reactions to every single medication!

Anyway, I'll continue taking it to see how it goes.

Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 AM   #7

CaptainUtah HB User

Good luck bro.

Old 09-10-2004, 11:46 AM   #8

kendallbella09 HB User

captain,

u know that i am in your same boat w/ everything! The nasty inner ear maybe! I am also on 10 mg Celexa and do not notice any improvement but it has only been 5 days. Lets hope this stuff helps us!

Kendall

Old 09-10-2004, 12:06 PM   #9
(male)

junior26 HB User

Kendall, hey that's my last name!

If I wasn't soooo drowsy from the Celexa, maybe I could start noticing some improvement, but so far, the stuff makes me very tired! And I take it at night too! I'll give it time though. It's only been 5 days for me too. At least the palpitations have gone away. And I'm not nauseous like I was at the beginning of the week. But I don't think I'll increase the dose to 20mg just yet.

But I must admit that I'm still scared that I may have a brain tumor or something since none of the docs want to runs scans. And my left thumb twitches like crazy. And the spaciness is just as bad.

Are you spaced out 24/7 Kendall?

Old 09-10-2004, 01:11 PM   #10

kendallbella09 HB User

I was spaced out in the first place and that's why I'm on the celexa. I began feeling foggy minded and surreal. Almost like I could see familiar things and places but they looked unfamiliar. My heart palps are still awful and I have constant tremors. All I noticed is that at niht i fall asleep now at 2:00 instead of 6:00. I can't nap or sleep, my body is just keyed up all of the time. I wish I felt tired from this stuff, I would definitely rather be the type of depressed where all I wanted to do was sleep (eventhought I know that's hard too). I jsut HATE this anxiety/panic crap. I def think I'll need the dosae chane soon. R u eating regularly? I have not desire for food or drink. By the way my last name is kendall too. Maybe we're related.

Kendall

Old 09-14-2004, 06:32 PM   #11

stitcher HB User

Hello Junior26
I am about to start either Celexa or Lexapro for dizziness that has lasted for the past 18 months. What side effects are you having? Why would you have preferred Lexapro? Is it better due to the side effefts?I don't handle nausea very well so wondered if you had any of this.

I am really anzious to hear how you do on this. The dizziness is causing me great anxiety and panic attacks.....( I have vestibular neuritis)

Feel well

Closed Thread