It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 03:40 AM   #16

damndanes HB User
Re: You must not take paxil...please

Hi Lannen,

I'm on day #9 off Effexor. Yeah! I'm still having hot flashes, bad, but not as bad, and the dizzies are much better. It does get better and like dizzygirl I feel much better off of the drug, even with the withdrawals!. I don't know the best way to come off of these things because you have withdrawals anyway. I did it pretty fast--glad I did. I'm considering writing a letter to my doc and the FDA I'm so aggravated that we have to go through this. Hang in there--you will get through it.

Deb

Old 09-19-2004, 04:11 AM   #17

phoebe20 HB User

I don't mean to be dumb, but what are 'head zaps'? I've heard a lot of people use that expression but I don't know what it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 08:50 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

I hate to be the only one to go against the post, but I'm a big fan of Paxil. I have been taking it for a few months, and was weened off it for a week because my doctor wanted to try something else then put me back on it. I felt a little more anxious, like I was before going on Paxil, but nothing too severe.

I'm sorry that you are all going through horrible withdrawl symptoms, but I don't want people thinking about going on something scared off.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:55 AM   #19

wildjoviwoman HB User

Hi I was on Paxil CR for about 4 weeks or more and I wanted to get off because it was keeping me from losing weight and I gained some weight from it. It was working for me though. My doctor didn't want to take me off of it if it was working but let me get off of it. He told me to take it every other day for 3 weeks, then take 1 every 3-4 days for a week. I am about to take my last one ever tonight. I haven't had any problems getting off of it but some mild anxiety; but lately I have noticed waking up at night with the chills where I am literally shaking and my teeth chattering, it goes away very soon but I am still sort of shaky after that. Not physically shaking but I feel shaky inside. Has anyone else had this happen to them when they got off any of these drugs? I know I used to get the chills type thing when I had an axiety attack, it wasn't all the time but it did happen. And I heard that you can get increased symptoms of anxiety when you stop Paxil or any drug. So I just wanted to know if this is normal. I thought I had epilepsy... guess you can tell I worry about all sorts of problems and thats why I was on the paxil LOL

Closed Thread