It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 12:14 PM   #1

ksr20 HB User
unrealtiy

ive been have a feeling of chronic unreality and i was wondering if anybody else has that and if they could explain how they feel.

Old 09-14-2004, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: unrealtiy

look up depersonalisation and derealisation on the net, these are caused by anxiety and stress and may be what you have

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2004, 04:18 PM   #3
(female)

twotulips HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksr20
ive been have a feeling of chronic unreality and i was wondering if anybody else has that and if they could explain how they feel.

Yeah I know exactly what you mean.Its not a good feeling at all.Im not on medication to get over it but I do do something that helps quite a bit.When you start to feel like that,start to look around and picture things.Like say to yourself "That sign is yellow,that lady is mad,that sidewalk is dirty,that bullding is green,this car is blue" just more or less get to know your surroundings more.Another thing that helps me is to hug my boyfriend or have him kiss me or to hug my dog or cat.

Hope this helps!

Old 09-14-2004, 04:26 PM   #4
(male)

kingam HB User

practice your breating... from what i understand, this is caused by irratic breathing, which messes with oxygen levels in the head... if you have too little or too much you will feel "disconnected"... try to just breathe nice and slow...

Old 09-15-2004, 07:25 AM   #5
(female)

Kime HB User

That's interesting. There is a device you can get, I got one at REI, called an oxymeter that shows your blood oxygen saturation pecentage is if you want to check but it costs about $400. When my level gets below 95% I start feeling strange.

Closed Thread