It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2004, 10:44 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User
lexapro

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have been taking lexapro for 6 months. It seemed like it was really helping at first but then not as much. My doctor wants me to try zoloft. I have been weaning myself off the lexapro and feel terrible. I am tired and very dizzy How long does this last? My doc said I should be okay soon but I feel terrible. Any advice would help. Also did any of you have good results from zoloft? Thank you!

Old 09-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: lexapro

first try ther lexapro at a highter dose, if not already on the max dose
lexapro and zoloft are both the same type of med, prozac type and you can swap from 1 to the other with no weaning at all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-15-2004, 05:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

I am not sure I understand. See, I was taking 40 mg of Lexapro a day. I wanted to try something else because the lexapro didn't seem to be helping anymore. My doc was switching me to zoloft, but he said to ween myself offof the lex. first. So I dropped myself down to 2o mg for a few days and then 1o and then 5 all within 2 weeks. I guess that was the wrong thing to do.Then the dizziness started. So are you saying to just go ahead and start the zoloft? At what mg? I am sorry I just want to make sure I am doing this right, this dizziness is driving me crazy! Thank you!

Old 09-15-2004, 05:46 PM   #4
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I am NOT a doctor but I would try Effexor. I was on that and I loved it! I had a dumb reaction to it. I overheated really easy and it made my nose run. Eveyone's different but it did wonders. I am on Lexapro and weaned myself the way I was told and I only felt bad like a sinus cold and after a month off of it decided that was not a good choice for me. So now I am back on it and I have that dang sinus thing again. So as far as my experience from weaning from one drug to another it should be about a week. I don't know if you do this or not but try taking a one a day vitamin every day. That made me feel so good! Good luck.

Closed Thread