It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 10:00 AM   #1

CarryOn HB User
What is wrong with me?!

I've been dealing with what I think might be social anxiety disorder for the past 2 years now. I can be a pretty quiet person sometimes, but for the most part I love being outgoing and meeting new people, but weird embarrassing things have been happening to me lately! When I talk to people my face gets flushed and I blush really bad (it's very noticeable), and sometimes my hands start to shake. I've never had a problem with talking to people! I don't know why this is happening, and it's causing me to not want to talk to or meet new people because it's so embarrassing when I start blushing and getting all uptight. I'm so confused about it, I'm never nervous while having a conversation with someone, and now I'm always nervous about if I'm going to blush or something like that. I don't understand this, I'm getting really upset with it and it's starting to change my life because I love being social and being funny but lately I just don't want to 'cause of what's been going on. Sorry for rambling on about this but can someone please help me?!

Old 09-16-2004, 03:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: What is wrong with me?!

a year round suntan helps to hide the blushing, get some beta blocker meds from doc such as inderal, these reduce blushing and the effects of anxiety on the body, shaking hands, etc
can be taken daily or only as needed
learn to relax, consider massage, maybe join a gym as exercise is very relaxing

when stressed breathe deep and slow, dont hold your breath and avoid rapid shallow panting

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread