It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2004, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

leelee04 HB User
Exclamation could this be anxiety?

Hello everybody,
I was wondering what anyone thinks my syptoms could mean
I was having problems with my inner ear about two months ago, I was very dizzy. Well I panicked all the time and cried. I did not eat a lost a looot of weight.I went from 120 to 100 in almost two months and I'm 5'4. Its hard to eat when you feel so dizzy. The doctor said I have fluid in my ears and gave me some flonase. It lightened up a bit but now my nerves are shot. Anyway, I was starteng to eat more when I got a burning sensation in my stomach with bloating. I was givin prevacid and no longer have the burn but I have horrible bloated I feel it everywhere, My chest my throat my ribs. I am also nauseas a lot. Do you think it is nerves along with not eating. I dont understand I eat very small and still get very bloated. Please someone help. It gets so bad I cant take a deep breath. I have a doctor appointment this thursday for an ultra sound and wondering if there is anything I should discuss with the doctor. My stomach also makes funny noises also. I feel like there is a pit in my stomach. Can this be anxiety? I had a blood test for H pylori and it came back negative. I am so scared that now this is really freaking me out. All I do is cry. I also have post nasal drip and I dont know if the post nasal drip could be causing this or not but it feels like I have a lump in my throat, I feel it when I swallow. Its right under my jaw in the middle. Sometimes it hurts and my neck muscleds feel tight. Someone please help, Could this possibly be stress or anxiety related? I have had panic attacks in the past and now it feels like I am in a constant state of panic. But then I feel like I wpuldnt be panicky or crying if I felt better.
Thanks
leelee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2004, 04:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: could this be anxiety?

Hi
I dont know what the cause is, keep getting tests done, have you tried some valium to see if it helps?

Old 09-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

leelee04 HB User

no I havent tried it, Does anyone else think my stomach problem sounds like anxiety?
Thanls
leelee

Old 09-18-2004, 08:21 PM   #4

PPPM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leelee04
no I havent tried it, Does anyone else think my stomach problem sounds like anxiety?
Thanls
leelee
Hi Leelee

It's hard to say on a board like this, but anxiety could be the cause. Certainly the dizzyness, the lump in the throat, the tightness sounds like typical anxiety symptoms. The stomach problems could be GERD, but your reaction to not knowing what it is may then be fueling your anxiety, causing all the other symptoms, in a vicious circle, etc. etc.

I only say this because I have been treating for GERD for years, which started with symptons of chest pain, neck pain and radiating arm pain. I've had all kinds of test, but basically they chalk it up to GERD. Like you, I take Prevacid, which seems to help. I also have a lot of gas, but it eventually goes the way gas goes.

Recently I've been experienceing anxiety, GAD, and have been rethinking the GERD diagnosis, wondering if it's really just all related to underlying anxiety and depression. I have the swallowing difficulty now, which is new, and have recently started on Lexapro, which seems to help.

When I was younger, we used to call this psychosomatic, "it's all in the head', and I'm wondering if that's not closer to the truth. I thought I had an ironclad medical diagnosis, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe it is just the anxiety creating the symptoms, and not the reverse.

That probably doesn't help you though. You should listen to your doctors. I've found that if they are not really worried about the stuff I complain about, it's for a good reason, mainly that it's nothing to worry about. Over time, they've been right 100% of the time.

So take it easy, work it through with your doctors, and give it time.

John

Old 09-19-2004, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

a high dose of valium for several weeks is sometimes tried, if it helps this suggests stress and anxiety is the cause

Closed Thread