It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 09:14 AM   #1
(male)

peaceseeker2 HB User
BuSpar problem? Would Paxil help? What's the best antianxiety drug?

Hi. I need some help. I feel like utter crap. I have been having anxiety attacks left and right. I am feeling more depressed. I am currently taking 45mg of Mirtazapine (a.k.a. generic Remeron) a day in addition to 0.50 mg. of generic Xanax four times a day. My psychiatrist wanted me to wean off of the 60 mg of Buspirone (a.k.a. generic BuSpar) a day because he thought it wasn't doing anything. I started the weaning off process a few days ago, and I felt like I was going to die. I thought one should be able to stop that stuff cold turkey if one wanted to, but I was even slowly reducing the dosage! Sure doesn't seem like it to me. I think I have given up on going off of the Buspirone before I see the psychiatrist later this week. I want to try and see if I can't get in to see him earlier. I can't live like this. I feel like crap. Even before I started to try to go off of the Buspirone, I decided that I needed to shake my meds up a bit. I am thinking of asking to start a prescription of Paxil in addition to the Mirtazapine. I don't like the idea of popping as much Xanax as I am. It gives me the creeps. Paxil has had a lot of controversy surrounding it, but......I am desperate! I have been on a lot of the other SSRI's..Zoloft, Lexapro,....was also on Effexor XR, Wellbutrin SR. I am hoping that maybe the Paxil would be a drug that would help. The current meds just are not doing it. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 10:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: BuSpar problem? Would Paxil help? What's the best antianxiety drug?

your xanax dose isnt really all that high, are you sure its not counterfeit or hasnt been spoiled by hot storage, if so it will do nothing for you at all

your remeron dose is high, how long on it and is it working,? sometimes it doesnt, I wouldnt add another antidepressant

remeron is a tranquilliser thats generally thought of as not much good, its not effeciive against panic attacks, it shouldnt be all that hard to get off, its not known for this problem, up the xanax for a while maybe

find a pharmacist who will talk to you, he may have some advice

Closed Thread