It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

cmsaint HB User
Question Does this sound like anxiety?

Hello Im 28 and Ive been told I have anxiety but for some reason I try to pass it off as some other more serious illness all the time. I CONSTANTLY worry about my health ! let me tell you whats bothering me and see if it sounds anxiety related....I just had a miscarriage and went to the ER the other night and they ran a bunch of blood work and said all was normal but when I got home I noticed my glucose levels were high! Normal is 85-110 and mine was 120, well he said nothing about it at the ER . Ive heard anxiety can raise your glucose, is this true? Ive been thirsty alot , blurry vision, headaches, and lightheaded all day long! I get from break from it and wonder if it sounds like anxiety since I worry constantly! Im TERRRIFED I now have diabetes . Im real sad and cry at the drop of a dime because I worry about my health! Somebody please tell me if this sounds like anxiety??

Old 09-19-2004, 04:39 PM   #2
Inactive

Yommy HB User
Lightbulb Re: Does this sound like anxiety?

Hi Saint!

Well, to me, it does sound like you have plenty of anxiety. However, I think that's just the tip of the iceberg. Is it possible you could have post-traumatic stress syndrome after the recent miscarriage? Or have you ever been evaluated for depression or another mental illness? I know it's hard not to focus on the physical symptoms when they seem to be taking over your life, but I think a trip to a psychiatrist right now would probably benefit you more than a primary care physician. Take care of yourself, and have it looked into. We're here for you!

Hundtoft

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 04:42 PM   #3
(female)

cmsaint HB User
Re: Does this sound like anxiety?

I was told I had GAD in 2000. I live like this everyday and have seen therapist before but cant seem to shake it.

Old 09-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #4
Inactive

Yommy HB User

Have they given you meds for the anxiety? If so, do you take them like you should? Also, are you involved in any ongoing therapy or support group?

Old 09-19-2004, 04:49 PM   #5
(female)

cmsaint HB User

In the begining I was given xanax and Paxil but they took me off Paxil cause it made me real sick! I then took Celexa for about 6 months then stopped cause it didnt completely take it away and it was making me have blurred vision.

Old 09-19-2004, 04:53 PM   #6
(female)

cmsaint HB User

I know I should be on something but i dont want to be dependant on a drug KWIM. Even when I did take meds I had fear on even taking it cause I obsessed over the side efects

Old 09-19-2004, 05:12 PM   #7
Inactive

Yommy HB User

Before I even reply, let me tell you that it is hypocritical. I too, should be on meds and am not. If you can find a daily maintenance med that works for you, it would be best. Wellbutrin is commonly prescribed in conjunction with other meds to help alleviate some of the side effects. I'm not sure how well it works on its own, but it might be useful to ask your doc. If you absolutely can't stand the thought of a daily maintenance med, how about something for severe individual attacks? How did the Xanax work for you? Xanax works great for me with smaller attacks. If it doesn't work for you, check with your doc about other options. For more severe attacks, they prescribed Ativan (Lorazepam) for me. However, docs don't like to prescribe this since it can become addictive. I never became addicted though. If only used to treat severe bouts of anxiety, it's a safe drug. They can also adjust the dose considerably to match your needs. I'd say that more than the meds, you need therapy. That is not meant to be insulting, I hope you don't take it that way. It's just that talking out your problems and fears with someone you know can't tell a soul and won't judge you for it (they've seen far worse) can be extremely helpful. As it is right now, I have no medical insurance and can't even afford the state offered reduced-fee mental health services. I'm currently looking into a bipolar (I don't know if I mentioned I am bipolar as well as GAD plus borderline personality) support group in my area, hoping that I can alleviate some of the stress. Sometimes just talking about it is all you need to help a little. In the meantime, for me, the boards have been extremely therapeutic. There's always someone here with a kind heart, caring soul, and words of encouragement. Please feel free to share anything else that's on your mind, and I will be one of those people.

Wishing You the Best of Luck
Hundtoft

Old 09-21-2004, 08:14 AM   #8
(male)

jeffster HB User

Just to let you know, I had what my doctor thinks is anxiety for about a year and went for every type of test known to man. My glucose was slightly above normal too a few times which my doctor seemed mildly concerned about, but when I had another blood test which apparently checks your average glucose over a period of time, it was found to be normal. I don't know if it's related, but I experienced the same thing you did. I'm on effexor XR now and feeling just great. so happy. Good luck.

Jeff

Closed Thread