It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2004, 12:19 PM   #1

sweetydews HB User
Question Head stuff

Has any one ever ben prescribed cipralex, i have just been diognosed with mild depression, more compulsive thinking, ive been under a lot of pressure in the last year and cant seem to stop thinking about stuff that shoudent matter to me. I will stress over things what other people dont even think about like, did i say the right thing? why did i say that? and totaly beat my self up about been a bad mother, in reality my kids have every thing, im a single parent and try really hard to please my kids, my doctor thinks im trying to hard, i plan what i would do if my daughter got pregnant at 16, i go right in to it getting really stressed over the situation, thinking what if i dont cope and saysome thing wrong and she leaves home and i never see her again, and she ends up hating me and loving her B/F family more. my daughter by the way is 5, as you can see i have a big stress problem, its ruining my life, do these meds really work with out turning you in to a cabbage, i still have goals i want to achieve i just got my A-levels ans im hoping to go to uni, if i can get over this in one piece, any ideas ?

Last edited by Administrator; 09-20-2004 at 05:11 PM. Reason: use appropriate language on the boards!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2004, 05:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
Re: Head stuff

Hi sweety
your med should help, its an antidepressant and these can help a lot with obsessive thoughts, etc, IMO a lot of it is worry

also get a book on how to stop worrying, there are several and they have useful advice

Last edited by Administrator; 09-20-2004 at 05:12 PM. Reason: removed asterisked word, please always delete them before saving your message.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread