It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2004, 07:19 PM   #1

journalism1020 HB User
Facial Tingling- Anxiety

Does anyone experience a light tingling/burning on one side of their face when very anxious that lasts days when very anxious (not during a panic attack)? It feels like a mild chemical is on the right side of my face off and on, not consistent. Having anxiety with regular headaches, I am having this symptom along with headaches, which is making me more anxious that something serious might be wrong. Could my anxiety alone be causing the tingling/burning

Old 09-21-2004, 09:10 PM   #2

99problems HB User
Re: Facial Tingling- Anxiety

I have the sensation of burning on both sides of my face right before i go into a full blown panic attack sometimes. it however goes away as soon as my attack does. i attribute it to the fight or flight response and increased blood flow to the head which causes a flush and my burning sensations.
Also, sometimes when i get a new symptoms i keep that thought in my head and it sems to stick around. as soon as you forget about it its gone. when it goes away i used to try to make it happen but never could (when i was in a comfort type zone) it like all other new symptoms must be dealt with head on, and remember to remind yourself that it is simply a response of anxiety and will not harm you. as you learn to accept it it will more than likely pass

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2004, 03:00 PM   #3
(male)

stackzone HB User

Yes,
I do get that; it does last for a while. I also get weak in the face...

Old 09-23-2004, 10:01 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User

Hi,
I had this symptom off and on for months. I haven't experienced it in several months, but it used to scare me to death. My entire face would slowly start to tingle and it would last for hours at a time. Sometimes, it would only effect one side of my face, but it was usually over my entire face. I used to think I had a blocked artery that was cutting off the blood supply to my head and all sorts of other horrible things. I ended up seeing a Neurologist and Cardiologist...had 2 brain and c-spine MRI's and several cardiac tests. Everything turned out fine and they told me my symptoms had to be anxiety related.
Do a search on "head tingling" and you'll find a lot of others who have had this symptom with anxiety, as well.

Take care,
Hilery

Last edited by hilery79; 09-23-2004 at 10:04 AM.

Old 09-23-2004, 01:13 PM   #5

Campbell HB User

Funny you should ask! I have had this very same thing for the past couple of weeks. I now have an appointment with an Neurologist on the 2nd of November!!! It's only been a couple of weeks - but it's off and on and it's driving me crazy! But not only do I feel it in my face - I also feel it in my arms and legs. I don't know what it could be - but it's a known medical fact that no one has ever died from Anxiety! Some days I think that to be the furthest from the truth. I think I am going crazy half the time compared to trying to let it go and feeling good. But every time I get a feeling like that or many of the other anxiety feelings, I freak out and dwell on it. Any one have any good ideas of how to just learn to let that go!???
undefined
undefinedundefined

Old 09-23-2004, 02:41 PM   #6
(female)

EvonneMCFC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dback
Yes,
I do get that; it does last for a while. I also get weak in the face...
Hi

What do you mean by get weak in the face? Because I think I suffer from anxiety : Right side of face sometimes feels tingly and it feels like my right side of my face is weak - like I am about to have a stroke sort of feeling, even though nothing bad has happened because it soon passes when my family talk to me, I seem to be able to calm down and the symptoms go away. It also feels like I am going to faint and I find I get heart palpitations followed with a very dry mouth.

Old 09-23-2004, 03:26 PM   #7
(male)

stackzone HB User

Yeah it gets weak; feels like chubby and I keep frowning and looking in the mirror to make sure that its even(not like a stroke). When I have a bad moment that is one of the tell tale signs. Its scary. Ive also had a ton of tests that for the most part came back normal. bh

Old 09-23-2004, 03:48 PM   #8
(female)

EvonneMCFC HB User

Hi

We're both in the same boat, so the saying goes...lol

I thought I was going MAD!!!!!!! with a capital M, went to A&E once with it and to my own GP twice in one week because I thought there was something seriously wrong with me. Anytime you want to talk, vent out or something I always read this board, and we can try and help each other through these anxiety probs!

Old 09-23-2004, 04:02 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvonneMCFC
Hi

What do you mean by get weak in the face? Because I think I suffer from anxiety : Right side of face sometimes feels tingly and it feels like my right side of my face is weak - like I am about to have a stroke sort of feeling, even though nothing bad has happened because it soon passes when my family talk to me, I seem to be able to calm down and the symptoms go away. It also feels like I am going to faint and I find I get heart palpitations followed with a very dry mouth.
These are total effects from anxiety. Try not to pay attention to them and accept, don't fight it back and then go on to something else, distract yourself so anxiety doesn't get worse. You won't die from it, it just will cause more adrenaline on top of adrenaline effect.

Andrea

Old 09-24-2004, 05:47 AM   #10

Campbell HB User

I hear what all of you were saying.....I have this great book about anxiety that I on occasion read. In there it describes the tingling - or a pins and needle feeling, they also refer to it as a hot *****ly feeling. All normal. I have been battling those feelings as of late and it drives me crazy.{REMOVED}even now as I type this response, I have those same feelings......they can last all day long. You are all just an "noramal" as I am - but we need to support each other the very best that we can - but we can some day have power over our panic.....

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-24-2004 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Please don't post website addresses. Please read the posting rules. Thanks, ms_mod

Closed Thread