It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2004, 09:29 PM   #1

archetype HB User
Quitting Xanax and Neck Swelling - Is there a connection?

I remember the first time I took Xanax, I could feel parts of my throat tighten. The reason I'm asking is some of the things neck swelling is associated with are extremely serious so it's something I'll have to get checked out.. I never had a stiff neck that wasn't from sleeping the wrong way or keeping it stretched for too long and if I get strep(sp) throat this was never a symptom. When I took my final 1/4 MG of Xanax, after about a day in a half I felt it loosen up again and was slightly sore. Now the last two days my right side of my neck is getting quite swollen and it feels like something is pulling on the neck muscles. Taking the pill to verify is a last resort, but since I don't have insurance I might have no other choice and just see if that is the cause. So has anybody else had this happen after stopping Xanax usage? Try to be specific if so.

Old 09-26-2004, 06:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Quitting Xanax and Neck Swelling - Is there a connection?

Sorry I can't really be any help.
I took Xanax for years and it never made my throat tighten up and when I stopped taking it I had no problems at all.
I've never heard of either of these things being a side effect of Xanax, but everyone is different and are effected differently by medication.
Since you don't have insurance why don't you call the ER and ask them what they think....I've done this in the past and they've always answered my questions with no problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread