It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2004, 07:35 AM   #1

angel1064 HB User
New Member here delurking and ?? on zoloft

HI! my name is Rose and i am 39 yrs old married with 2 boys ages 11 and 7. i have had panic/anxiety for 10 years now....i had it under control for the past 8 years with only occasional episodes that i was able to control/stop....but 1 1/2 mnths ago my PCP put me on Ultram...a pain med...for my back pain...one of the side effects was anxiety. thanks doc! well, it brought all my panic/anxiety back to the surface and here i am fighting it again after all these years.
since i am SO sensitive to meds...my dr put me on 12.5mg of zoloft for 2 weeks then 25 mgs for 4 weeks and then on to 50 which is where i will stay. my question is....i hate meds...they scare me....i hate side effects...if they are listed i get them...

what has been your experience with zoloft? thanks so much!

Old 09-27-2004, 10:40 AM   #2

jschicago HB User
Re: New Member here delurking and ?? on zoloft

Hi Rose! I am also a new member delurking.

Your story really caught my eye because it sounds a lot like me. I, too, have been fighting anxiety on my own because I am terrified of meds. Would love to hear more about how you were able fight it for the first ten years. Also hope someone replies to your post so that I can learn more about Zoloft. Take care and good luck!

Jen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2004, 01:57 PM   #3

natalie_ogle HB User

Hi Rose! My name is Natalie and I am 18 years old. I am currently taking Zoloft and I have been for 6 months now. I havn't experienced any noticeable side-effects and believe me I'm very sensitive to physical pain or discomfort. I got on the meds because I had constant anxiety for the past year and a half and I could not even barely function anymore. I started off with 25 mg then upped to 50 mg and now I am taking 75 mg and I don't plan to go any higher. The minimum adult dose is 100 mg. I am very happy that I decided to go on Zoloft because I really feel like I am getting my life back and on track. From my experiences I would recommend Zoloft and I havn't had any bad experiences with it. Hope this helps

Old 09-28-2004, 06:52 AM   #4
(female)

mayansun HB User

Hi,

I only just started Zoloft last week, had tried Celexa for 4 weeks and hated it (gave me more headaches and dizziness that was disconcerting). I am only at 25mg of the Zoloft but I already like it better, it does make me a bit drowsy but I will take that over dizzy! I check in with my doctor this week and will likely stay for another week at this and then go up to 50. The other downside of the Celexa was sexual side effects, has anyone had this problem with Zoloft?

KJ

Closed Thread