It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 11:40 AM   #1

moe2121 HB User
anyone on lexapro?

i just started lexapro a week ago..my doctor said that it was known to cause less side effects than most of the other drugs for depression/anxiety. i have felt like **** all week lol. anyone else? Im not positive its the meds but what else could it be. I have been having stomach/digestive pain..almost like gas pains all week. did anyone have anything similar? thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 12:20 PM   #2

redherring HB User
Re: anyone on lexapro?

Lexapro made me too speedy and wired. This all started during the second week. The first week I was tired and nauseated. I've since stopped the Lexaro since the hyperness was way too much to handle.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2004, 03:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User

to moe, it may help to reduce the dose for a while until you get used to it

Old 09-28-2004, 03:53 PM   #4
(male)

stackzone HB User

I hated it and stopped it, but I recommend trying to hang in there because in he long run I hear its great.

Old 09-28-2004, 05:11 PM   #5

rose30 HB User
Unhappy Re: anyone on lexapro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dback
I hated it and stopped it, but I recommend trying to hang in there because in he long run I hear its great.

I sure hope so because I've been on Lexapro for a week and I feel horrible. I switched from Paxcil because I hear Paxcil is extreamly hard to get off. I'm extreamly tired
and have to force myself to do things is this normal? And if it is when does the relief kick in?

Old 09-29-2004, 03:28 PM   #6

PPPM HB User

You have to give it more than a week or two. I think everyone would stop using Lex if they only took it for a week. I would have. The first two weeks were terrible. Agitation that had me climbing the walls. I had to drop the dose , then slowly increase it over 4-5 weeks. After about three weeks I really noticed improvement. I'm now taking 7.5 mg for the past few days. I notice slight agitation in the morning, but by the PM I feel pretty good, so I'm going to hang in there. If it gets bad any one day, I drop the dose back a bit for a day or two.

John

Old 09-29-2004, 06:28 PM   #7
Inactive

Aries872 HB User

I started with 2.5mg for about 3-4 days. I bought a pill cutter. Now I am up to 5mg. I am doing good. Tapering off klonopin too. Down to 2.5mg at night. I had one day of spacey hyper feeling but now that is gone. Keep with it. I am so anti meds for my anxiety but it got to the point where I had to make a decision and get well.

Good luck.
aries872

Old 09-30-2004, 09:29 AM   #8

Kevin72 HB User
Talking Re: anyone on lexapro?

Yep, been on Lexapro for 5 going on 6 months. It helped me through a tough time (divorce, occasional panic attacks) and my anxiety and feelings of panic were basically wiped out completely. I was on 10mg but have started to ween myself off a few weeks ago and I'm now taking 7.5mg. What can I say, this stuff has been good to me. The only side affect was sexual - it took a lot longer to finish (much better now since dropping to 7.5mg).

I can honestly recommend this stuff. Don't get too worked up and worry about how you are going to feel the first week as that will only add to your anxiety. It takes a few weeks anyway to start to work. The only problem I had with it was the first day or two when my stomach was a bit sour. After that, it's been all good! I may stay on it once I get down to 5mg. I'll see what the doc says or maybe I'll eventually just stop taking it altogether.

Good luck.

Old 09-30-2004, 07:27 PM   #9
(female)

Mushroomie HB User

I have been on Lexapro sinse Jan of this year, the first 2 weeks were hell (mind you I had to still work and deal with the side effects too.) But after the first 2 weeks I started to feel better and Lex gives you the kick you need sometimes to get up and start your day. I started on 10mg for the first 2 months then upped it to 20mgs and now I am doing fine. I really like this anti deppresent and it works great for GAD which I have. So hang in there give it some time Its great for anxiety!!!

Peace
Mushroomie

Closed Thread