It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 05:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User
Does anyone get a metallic taste in their mouth from anxiety?

I just wanted to know if anyone ever gets a sudden metallic taste in their mouth from anxiety. I didn't know if that was a symptom or not.

Old 09-28-2004, 06:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
Re: Does anyone get a metallic taste in their mouth from anxiety?

Yes, I used to get that taste in my mouth right before I would go into a panic attack. I know this isn't a very common symptom, but I have heard of others who have experienced this, too. You might do a search on the panic board....I've seen this symptom mentioned a few times there.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 04:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

CAn you tell me what the difference is betweem panic and anxiety?

Old 09-29-2004, 06:47 AM   #4

Dansk84 HB User

I get that *** well. DO u also get a funny smell in your nose, it smells like ammonia

Old 09-29-2004, 02:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

singer1 HB User

No, I just have this annoying taste that I don't know how to get rid of!!!!!

Old 10-11-2004, 08:18 PM   #6

jwass HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansk84
I get that *** well. DO u also get a funny smell in your nose, it smells like ammonia
i get that smell and taste. i don't know what it's from. i scared myself though reading that some people get it with seizures. if it's something common with anxiety sufferers, i would be happier to hear that. any more information would be great. i usually smell it after i swallow (usually in mucous) and then exhale through my nose. does this sound familiar?

Old 03-29-2005, 04:21 PM   #7
(female)

wicks80 HB User

hello well i also get that metallic taste but i get it alot does anyone eles get this taste alot

Old 03-29-2005, 08:05 PM   #8
(female)

CANEY GIRL HB User

I Have Had That Several Times Right Before A Panic Attack,and I Also Felt Like There Was A Burning Sensation In My Neck,arms,chest,and Groin Area. I Know It Sounds Strange But I Thought I Was Having An Allergic Reaction To Something Or A Heart Attack.i Thought I Was Going To Pass Out.but A Trip To The Er Confirmed Anxiety.

Old 03-29-2005, 11:38 PM   #9
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANEY GIRL
I Have Had That Several Times Right Before A Panic Attack,and I Also Felt Like There Was A Burning Sensation In My Neck,arms,chest,and Groin Area. I Know It Sounds Strange But I Thought I Was Having An Allergic Reaction To Something Or A Heart Attack.i Thought I Was Going To Pass Out.but A Trip To The Er Confirmed Anxiety.

Hi Caney Girl, You took the words right out of my mouth. The very same thing happened to me. I had all the same symptoms and ended up at the ER thinking I was having an allergic reaction. They told me it was just anxiety. I always have the metalic taste right before a bad panic attack. The first time it happened I started freaking out thinking something was terrible wrong with me. Anxiety/Panic is a terrible thing to have to deal with. I deal with it every day of my life. It just came on one day, so I'm in hopes that it leaves as fast as it came. LOL!!! I'm not going to get that lucky I'm afraid.

Old 04-28-2005, 09:49 PM   #10
(male)

ryanak HB User

I have very bad anxiety, and have had three panic attacks prompting me to call 911. I too have a wierd metallic smell. I don't get the taste though. I only get it every so often though...

Old 04-29-2005, 11:57 AM   #11
(female)

smokeonhorizon HB User

i get a metallic taste in my mouth sometimes... actually right before i checked out this anxiety section i posted about it. except i thought maybe it was a side effect to drinking coffee.

i do have a degree of anxiety though... so that's interesting. i've never heard of that before though so if anyone has info...

Old 05-14-2005, 01:09 PM   #12
(female)

CANEY GIRL HB User

Message For Worriedfemale29. When You Had That Particular Panic Attack Like The One I Desribed.did You Feel Funny Pressure In Your Head,neck,and Chest, And Feel Faint? Do You Remember If It Was Shortly After Eating? Do You Suffer From Heartburn Or Simular Gastro Problems? Thanks.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:17 PM   #13
(female)

Rsmy59 HB User

I've suffered on and off from panic/anxiety for over 20 years and I haven't had that metallic taste for a long time. I did have it when my attacks first started and it lasted for about 6 weeks but then left as quickly as it came.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:28 PM   #14
(female)

worriedfemale29 HB User

Hi Caney Girl,
Yes I did have presure in my neck, head, and chest. I felt like I was going to explode. I felt like I was going to pass out at first and then everything just looked like it was in a haze. I went and got a cold wash rag and kept rubbing my face hoping that would help but it just stayed with me, so I called 911 thinking I was dying of an allergic reaction to some medicine I had been taking. I hadn't eaten anything that day, but I do have a ulcer, hyateil hernia, and IBS. I think all these things go hand in hand. I could handle the stomach problems, but when this hit me I thought I was dying. I kept praying that God would just let me live. This is the worst thing I have ever experinced in my life. All the symptoms of anxiety and panic that I have read about I have had and many more. Our minds cause terrible termoil on our bodies. I hope you get better b/c I know what your going through. After the first bad attack it took me a good month to feel better. I didn't think I would ever be normal again, but now I'm doing much better since I know what these symptoms are, and that they're not going to kill me. Sorry for rambling on just wanted to let you know your not alone. worriedfemale

Old 05-16-2005, 04:36 AM   #15
(female)

CANEY GIRL HB User

Thanks Worriedfemale29 I Appreciate It. I Also Agree.

Closed Thread