It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 05:52 AM   #1
(female)

nicolepl HB User
Wierd new symptom

Ok...I've had an obsession with my health for a long time, which I've gotten pretty good at dealing with, but now I've got a new symptom. It's happened 3 times so far over a period of a couple of months, but really freaks me out. It happens in the morning when I wake up too early and try to go back to sleep. Its like a buzz- hard to explain- that goes through my body and I feel like I'm paralyzed. It only lasts a second or two, and I have to really try to fight it to come out of it, which I do right away because I'm scared to see what would happen if I don't. This will happen several times in a row until I get upset and just get up. It's never happened outside of bed, and other than being tired, I feel fine afterwards. Anyone experience something similar?

Old 09-29-2004, 06:38 AM   #2

Lisa-Jane HB User
Re: Wierd new symptom

Hi there,

It sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I get it occasionally, it's nothing to worry about. Look it up for more info, but it's something to do with waking up while you're body is in the dream part of sleep I think. You body is paralysed when you dream to stop you acting out your dreams, but if you wake up during this time you feel paralysed for a few seconds. I know it's really scary but it won't harm you.
When it happens to me I try and move and eventually I can, or sometimes I just lie there and relax and it passes or I go back to sleep.

I hope this helps,

lisa-jane

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2004, 07:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Graciecat HB UserGraciecat HB User
Re: Wierd new symptom

That's what it sounds like to me also.
When it happens to me I just relax and say my own name in my head...almost like I was yelling it...and once I do that it goes away right then and I'm able to move.
I know it sounds strange, but for some reason it works everytime.

Closed Thread