It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2004, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

cmsaint HB User
Red face Is this a anxiety symptom?

I have GAD and have had numbness and tingling before but lately Ive been getting it daily on my whole left side. My left leg and left arm and my hands and feet on both sides are always ice cold, is this a symptom? Ive been freaking out cause I have a varicose vein in my left leg and I called my Dr. and they are telling me to go get a U/S done ASAP, so now Im worried Im dying over here! Someone please tell me Im not alone in these symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2004, 08:21 AM   #2

Campbell HB User
Re: Is this a anxiety symptom?

It's funny you should ask that question. I have had the EXACT same symptoms over the past coulpe of weeks that you have. It comes and goes and typically happens while I am at work and then I try to relax when I get home to relieve it and it won't go away until morning. On the weekends I don't have much of it either. You are NOT alone, that is for sure. I even went to the DR and they told me this was anxiety related and it's one of the worse symptoms I have had to contend with so far. I have learned to deal with the light headedness and the dizziness, but this one has got me worried as well. Does anything help you get over it?
Same feelings in MN.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2004, 08:26 AM   #3
(female)

cmsaint HB User

No I havent found anything that will relieve it so thats why Im worried. Like I said I have a V vein in the left leg and they are thinking it could be a blood clot , I so dont want to hear that cause Im a freak about my health! I hoping its just anxiety and will go see my Dr. about this for testing. Ive heard that anxiety can cause numbness and tingling but arent sure if it can effect your whole side . Are your hands and feet always cold during the day? The sensations dont take away my strength in my limbs but its just a annoying feeling 24/7

Old 10-01-2004, 08:41 AM   #4

Campbell HB User

Well I have felt it all over my body. It drives me crazy. (Some times I think I am!) I made an appointment with a Neurologist (Couldn't get in until November 2nd) for this - which once leave her office she is going to tell me it's nothing. I worry about my health all the time. Everything has been tested, still nothing wrong. I take Vitamins too to try to keep my anxiety at bay. How long have you had your anxiety - this started for me at about the age of 30. I did take Zoloft for a while, went off of that so I could try to have a child. But there are days I regret it BIG TIME! Anxiety brings on all kinds of symptoms but the problem is we are always on watch for them, which only makes them worse. Yesterday on the way home from work my feet were freezing, when I got home I took my socks off just to see how blue my feet were going to be and they weren't! When I got to cleaning the house, I forgot about how I was feeling and then when I was done and sat down to relax, it came right back because I was thinking about how I wasn't feeling it anymore. The mind is a powerful thing...........

Old 10-01-2004, 08:50 AM   #5
(female)

cmsaint HB User

Im 28 and a mother to 3 and I was diagnosed with GAD in 2000. Im a huge worry wart and think Im going to die 24/7. Im also very lightheaded and ther only relief I get is when Im sleeping and as soon as I wake up boom its back

Old 10-01-2004, 08:58 AM   #6

Campbell HB User

Well I fel the same way also. I no sooner get up and start to get ready in the morning and like you said, BAM it's back. I have been trying to get pregnant over the past couple of months and no luck, I feel my constant worrying and anxiety is hurting those chances (I am not getting any younger ). I am light headed all the time. Driving kills me to have to do because I feel that way all the time. I have to do it because I have to get to work. I worry all the time about silly things. I worry about what people think of me and when I first had my panic attack, I tried to explain it to the people I was the closest to at work - and they were very critical of me and that only made things worse for me. But this tingling is the worse!!! Remember (I try to but it isn't easy) that no one has died from anxiety. It's being afraid of being afraid. Your mind is working over time (just like me) it's hard to let go of those physical symptoms and move on - but you gotta......My husband tells me that all the time. I have 2 dogs and 2 cats. (Yea seems like a lot) but they keep me at bay some times. I think they are great therapy - who knows you might see me on TV as one of those crazy ladies with too many animals......

Old 10-01-2004, 09:00 AM   #7
(female)

cmsaint HB User

Too funny Im TTC right now and have been for 3 months and I conceived last month but I had a miscarriage so we are trying again now . I think the TTC is making my anxiewty worse cause of the waiting game , good luck on you conceiving hun!

Old 10-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #8

Campbell HB User

Well thank you!
This anxiety isn't easy and you are welcome to talk any time. I try to visit the boards while I am at work (I have the day off tody!).....but I can't get to them as often. I miss being who I was - which was some one who didn't have trouble going places etc. Do you or have you had trouble with driving? (Because of being light headed?) I used to be able to do anything at any time, go out have fun with freinds etc....now I don't because of how I feel all the time. IBS - another fun one to deal with. That comes and goes too. I worry about my health all the time....how can you possibly have fun doing that when you are always worrying about how you feel? It stinks. I gained weight on the Zoloft - which is part of the reason I went off along with feeling better. Like I said, big mistake. I thought about going back on it once we have had a child if things are better, but I do find that keeping myself busy (cleaning etc) takes my mind off most of it. But I love to be able to go to bed at night - because I don't feel anything.....gotta love sleep.

Old 10-01-2004, 10:38 AM   #9
(female)

cmsaint HB User

Oh yea the lightheadedness makes me scared to drive cause I just feel unstable . I try to have a normal life and not let the anxiety bother me but its just stronger than I am I guess . I keep busy with the kids and it does help a bit but I constantly think about it so it doesnt help like I wish it would! I can tell you that when Im pregnant my anxiety is at a low and arent sure if its hormonal or what. I also have IBS bad, its a everyday struggle with constipation .

Old 10-02-2004, 10:31 AM   #10

Campbell HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsaint
Oh yea the lightheadedness makes me scared to drive cause I just feel unstable . I try to have a normal life and not let the anxiety bother me but its just stronger than I am I guess . I keep busy with the kids and it does help a bit but I constantly think about it so it doesnt help like I wish it would! I can tell you that when Im pregnant my anxiety is at a low and arent sure if its hormonal or what. I also have IBS bad, its a everyday struggle with constipation .
I get that also. I went to the Dr and they told me to eat more fiber. I would only go a couple of times during the week. If I was lucky. But I ate a lot of grapes and fruit, they did 'er good....But as far as driving - I don't like to do that at all. In fact, I drive a stick and when I am at a stop light - because I feel so light headed, I feel as tho' I am rolling back. I feel unstable all the time. You should try taking more Vitamin b-12 and a lot of Vitamin C. The "C" will help with the constipation - that is for sure. Take 2,000 MG twice a day. Worked for me.

Closed Thread