It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2004, 01:31 AM   #1

jay20_music HB User
Red face Spaced out & off balance???

Everyday i have this spaced out, dizzy, off balance feeling! Some times my head is just so heavy and i feel like i could pass out even if i'm having a good day and not worrying about anything what so ever. I've always assumed it is part of my panic and anxiety so i've never said anything to my Dr, but how do i know? Like i say i'm not panicking when it happens or worried about anything. jUst concerned it may be nothing to do with my anxiety. If i lay down i cant tell but as soon as i stand up it;s there again but it's a different sensation for example to when u stand up to quick and you get dizzy.

Can anyone help???

Old 10-04-2004, 04:47 AM   #2
(female)

emmerson329 HB User
Re: Spaced out & off balance???

Hiya I get this too. Its like a constant feeling of 'heavy head' like I could just fall down at times. I have been treated for depression for the past 6 years but have never really talked to my doctor about anxiety and panic attacks. I think I definately do suffer from extreme anxiety as I am constantly worrying about things. I dont know if this dizzy feeling we get is a 'normal' symtom of anxiety, I just wanted to reassure you that you arent the only one who gets this. Maybe you should mention it to your doctor, I think that I certainly will.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2004, 06:17 AM   #3

Campbell HB User

I have (and do still) feel the same way. In fact it interferes with my ability to be comfortable while driving. It happens all the time - while I am walking, etc....I have learned to try to let it go, but it's hard to do sometimes. It's anxiety. Even though you mentioned that you are not worrying at the time, your sub-concious (sp?) is on some level. Anxiety/Panic doesn't have to have a reason - we all need to try to have Power over Panic.

Old 10-04-2004, 07:29 AM   #4

jay20_music HB User

iknow it can be related to panic but how do we know it is if we havn't had any tests done to rule stuff out??

Old 10-04-2004, 08:08 AM   #5
(male)

jeffster HB User

Go have the tests, but if I were a betting man (and I am) I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts it's anxiety. I had the same problem for about 6 months 24/7. I went through all the possibilities in my head, brain tumour, going crazy etc. I just could not believe that the feeling could be caused by anxiety. After doing some research on my own, I found out about depersonalization/derealization which sounded exactly like what I was experiencing. I finally went on an antidepressant and I feel great. No more foggy/spacey feeling!!!

Jeff

Old 10-04-2004, 08:30 AM   #6

Campbell HB User

I have gone to the DR - more times than I am willing to admit. I have had 2 MRI's - NOTHING!!! So Jeffster is correct. I have had all the tests in the book practically - my blood tested for you name it. It all boils down to anxiety!
I will bet the same with Jeffster......

Old 10-04-2004, 07:09 PM   #7

artchyld HB User

I get this but not all the time. I have anxiety, off-balance feelings when I'm walking in wide open spaces, like large parking lots, wide hallways, anywhere where I feel like I have nothing to grab onto. When I'm not thinking about it, I'm okay, but that's easier said than done when it is growing into a constant fear. It feels like I can't walk straight, and when I want to reach out and grab something, it's not there. I can see it coming, but can't control it. All of a sudden, panic attack hits, but then goes away about as fast as it comes.
Go figure. I have never had anything like this in my life, until the last couple of years.

Old 10-05-2004, 04:40 PM   #8
(male)

stackzone HB User

Wow Can I relate. The only thing you didnt mention was malls and big stores like Dicks. In the house, Im fine then as soon as I get out of the car it hits me--off balance, and feeling like Im going to walk crooked....

Old 10-05-2004, 07:11 PM   #9
(male)

FrontierDriver2 HB User

Wow this sounds so familiar to me. I spent thousands of dollars trying to figure out why I felt off balance/dizzy and spaced out. I had MRI's and many other tests which found nothing. Like someone else mentioned, my symptoms were worse when walking in big open spaces. I had a very difficult time driving because I would start to feel off balance and feel as though I might get dizzy and crash. I started getting out and driving more everyday and I have gradually overcome the dizzy feelings. I think my anxiety has moved to being more concerned about other health related issues. I now feel like I am gonna have a heart attack and die after experiencing even the slightest pain no matter where it is.

Old 10-06-2004, 05:41 AM   #10

artchyld HB User

Okay...what about this for a cause...soy products. My mother told me that when I was a child, I was allergic to milk. Back then, in the 50's, there were no fancy formulas, so she had to put me on soy milk. But she said she took me off because every time I had had enough to get into my system, I appeared anxious and nervous...hyper even. In the last 5 years I have become vegetarian and I began drinking soy milk. Because I saw no instant reaction, I thought everything was okay. But now, when I look back, I'm wondering if maybe it was not the cause of this spaced out feeling, it might have been a catalyst. Anyone relate?

Old 10-06-2004, 04:52 PM   #11
(male)

blownawish HB User

I always feel a little spaced out and light headed. anxiety probably.

Old 10-06-2004, 05:58 PM   #12

artchyld HB User

Ya know...it's really funny because I don't have anything to be anxious about. I have a new job, but it is the job I have wanted all my working career and I'm having a great time....unless I'm anxious about having things too good right now in my life. Maybe, I'm afraid that something will ruin it. I hate this though, because it is upsetting the good time I want to have.

Old 10-06-2004, 07:37 PM   #13

jgossert HB User

i can so relate...for months i had this off balanced feeling..like i was always leaning to the left...and i couldnt really describe it as dizziness..though that has been one of my anxiety symptoms..but im on new meds now and i havent had that feeling in a week or so....

Old 10-06-2004, 08:35 PM   #14
Inactive

clock HB User
Exclamation Re: Spaced out & off balance???

Unbalance, I've been unbalance for 8 months and its driving me crazy. It all started with a sinus infection. I feel like I'm walking on a waterbed. I think its brain tumor or MS or something else. It gets me so depress and my anxiety is so high. Doctor want to push pills on me. My head feels heavy and dizziness. The pavement moves away from me and the stairs move when i walk down them. I know this is real not anxiety. I just want to get better and advice. Please help me

Old 10-07-2004, 05:27 PM   #15
Inactive

clock HB User

does anyone feel like their walking on a waterbed or couchens. or tenison headaches?

Closed Thread