It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2004, 06:37 PM   #1

twizzler3 HB User
calling all XANAX users!!!

does anyone on xanax have to use it to sedate yourself in a situation you know causes you probs? and if so, do you find that it takes longer to work if you dont take it on an empty stomach? was just wondering if im alone on this.

Old 11-23-2004, 08:54 PM   #2

sanking111 HB User
Lightbulb Re: calling all XANAX users!!!

undefined[QUOTE=twizzler3]does anyone on xanax have to use it to sedate yourself in a situation you know causes you probs? and if so, do you find that it takes longer to work if you dont take it on an empty stomach? was just wondering if im alone on this.[/QUO.............I have been on xanax for over two yrs. now. And i do believe that taking on an empty stomach works better same as w/ pain meds. (Be carefull to never eat grapefruit, as it tends to blunt the afectiveness of xanax!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2004, 09:50 PM   #3
(male)

needtorelax HB User
Re: calling all XANAX users!!!

I used xanex for about 2 years. It got rid of my anxiety while I was on it. However I got off of it because all it does is put you in a "Zone" state of mind so nothing bothers you. I would recommend trying to get off it. I did find that I would pop a pill when I knew I was going to be in a situation that would stress me out or cause anxiety. Xanex is not the answer. I have been off the drug for over a year now and I feel quite allright...I am still very stressed...but atleast I am not in a zone. Keep on Keepin on!!!
Chris

Old 11-23-2004, 10:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

I've used xanax for about 12 yrs for chronic anxiety, it never zoned me out unless I took more than I should. I go for days and weeks without taking it to work it out myself but sometimes I just want to take the edge off the excessive anxiety and I will take one. I think it is only addictive if you take it to feel up, taking it for exteme situations won't get you addicted. I find it a great tension reliever and it is the only med I take, I have mitral valve prolapse which causes chronic anxiety and I don't feel bad about taking it, I've been able to live a relatively normal life with it. If you have an addictive personality it may present a problem. I've never noticed the difference of empty or full stomach when I took a xanax so don't know that part.

Old 11-24-2004, 08:40 AM   #5

twizzler3 HB User

thanks for all the replies!

i, like nancy do not zone unless taken more than im used to which i mostly dont so im not worried. i only do .5 1x a day and then 2-3x month at chiropractic appts i need the .5 plus another .25 so im ok wh that.

Old 12-12-2004, 04:17 PM   #6

sanking111 HB User

I have severe panic attacks.Ive been on 1 mgm/ 3- times per day as needed.(and it is needed!).I realy wish that i could manage without them but i know there is no way i can. As far as zoning....You can overdue anything. If you feel spacey w/ a small mgm. then you probabley need something less potent..like a klonipin or vulium. As far as it being addictive...YES, it is....I have to make sure that i dont run short, i cant afford to be zoning today and withdrawing tommaro.....Your individual needs are different from others, What i need and you need are completly different...(But, remember.not to do more than you honestly need. Good luck...

Old 12-13-2004, 06:42 PM   #7
Veteran

howard678 HB User

Xanax has been a problem for many people who take theraputic doses. Very often they have no addictive history. Once tolerance builds, one falls into a cycle of being sick on the drugs, watching their previous anxiety greatly magnified. This phenomenon coupled with medical studies and public awareness has led to the banning of Xanax in the U.K., and limitations on the prescribing of other benzodiazepines to 4 weeks. It is true though that those that take them only as needed (not every day) are at much less risk of dependency.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #8
(female)

maleficent7 HB User

I also have Xanax for 'Emergency' situations. I was told by my doctor to put the pill under my tongue for the quickest results.

Old 12-14-2004, 04:31 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

BJM04 HB User

I was prescribed Xanax because i felt like i coudl never relax andi was always thinking..couldnt relax...i was taking a half of a .5 mg so only like 2.5..I felt like i was super tired..very outta it and aftera a week stopped it all together..i felt like i always wanted to nap..didnt like it.

Closed Thread